PHP

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Which tutorial do you recommend to learn to use PHP?

    I prefer a booklet like "PHP for starters". Easier than an online tutorial.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:3fcc6e46$0$204$>
    Nico Schuyt said:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >> Which tutorial do you recommend to learn to use PHP?

    > I prefer a booklet like "PHP for starters". Easier than an online tutorial.

    these are good:

    1. PHP for the World Wide Web Visual Quickstart Guide
    2. PHP Advanced for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickPro Guide
    3. MySQL: Visual QuickStart Guide
    4. PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide

    all by larry ullman from peachpit press. http://www.peachpit.com/

    --
    brucie
    02/December/2003 09:01:09 pm kilo
    brucie, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Dylan Parry Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > these are good:
    >
    > 1. PHP for the World Wide Web Visual Quickstart Guide
    > 2. PHP Advanced for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickPro Guide
    > 3. MySQL: Visual QuickStart Guide
    > 4. PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
    >
    > all by larry ullman from peachpit press. http://www.peachpit.com/

    I would certainly second the first two, and add to the list "PHP & MySQL
    Web Development" by Luke Welling and Laura Thompson.

    I've also found "PHP Bible" by Tim Converse and Joyce Park to be a very
    useful reference, but only once I had learned PHP! It is a useless book to
    actually learn the language but serves well as a reference.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Yes - Perpetual Change from "The Yes Album"
    Dylan Parry, Dec 2, 2003
  6. "brucie" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > in post <news:MUSyb.40291$>
    > Luigi Donatello Asero said:
    >
    > > Which tutorial do you recommend to learn to use PHP?

    > http://php.net/manual/en/getting-started.php
    >
    > --
    > brucie
    > 02/December/2003 12:54:02 pm kilo

    Thank you very much for your answer.
    I began reading it and I tried to write
    www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    as php
    and I made www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.php
    now I am wondering whether I really made a php page and whether
    there are validators for php pages.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/muranoglas.html
    Un sito di persone che conosco:
    http://www.homoweb.it/
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    >I began reading it and I tried to write
    >www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    >as php
    >and I made www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.php
    >now I am wondering whether I really made a php page

    Yes, but your server doesn't support PHP. If it did then the PHP would
    not be sent to the browser, only the final output of the PHP. But when
    I view the source of that page I see the original PHP, including:
    <?php echo
    #!/bin/php"<p>
    which is incorrent anyway.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Dec 2, 2003
  8. "Steve Pugh" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I began reading it and I tried to write
    > >www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    > >as php
    > >and I made www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.php
    > >now I am wondering whether I really made a php page

    > Yes, but your server doesn't support PHP. If it did then the PHP would
    > not be sent to the browser, only the final output of the PHP. But when
    > I view the source of that page I see the original PHP, including:
    > <?php echo
    > #!/bin/php"<p>
    > which is incorrent anyway.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > --
    > "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
    > I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
    >
    > Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Well, my present webhost has a website where it is suggested, as far as I
    understand that the server
    supports PHP to some extent.

    http://webhotell.telia.com/tiw/script/php.html
    But according to what they say, as far as I understand I should use
    #!/bin/php
    as first line.

    On the other side on the site
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php