Physical Location of IP Address

Verde

I know this is somewhat OT, but don't know where else to ask: How can I
discover the rough physical location of an IP address? By "rough physical
location" I'm thinking at least country, and ideally the state and/or city
name.

Thanks

Gopalan

There are some utilities available for download in the internet. You can
find out the location from that.

WJ

I could be wrong. But some tools are no longer capable of such request
because some sites now use Network Address Translator (NAT) (Teredo) or
similar tech. to convert their true IP to bogus IP, so I do not think it is
accurate by the time it gets to your machine.

John

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

2 weeks ago, an australian researcher showed that the EXACT location of a
computer can be determined from the network packets, even if this computer
sits behind a firewall, goes thru NAT etc. I don't have the link, but a
google search should turn up something. From there, you may be able to get
some utilities to accomplish your task.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP