Physical Server Name

clarkc

Here's a question I could not find the answer to in 15 minutes ;)

How can I get the physcial address or name of the server behind my
NLB.

SERVER_NAME and HTTP_HOST are great but I'd like to have the actual
server name if possible.

something not in Request.servervariables, perhaps?

Thanks,
HankC

Jon Wallace

Hi Hank,

Although there may be other ways to achieve this, this is a quick method...

<%
set oWshNetwork = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
response.write oWshNetwork.ComputerName
%>

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com

clarkc

Hi Hank,

Although there may be other ways to achieve this, this is a quick method....

<%
set oWshNetwork = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
response.write oWshNetwork.ComputerName
%>

Hope this helps,

Regards,