    only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

    Thanks
    thedarkman, Mar 18, 2009

  2. On 2009-03-18, thedarkman wrote:
    > A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
    > able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
    > only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    > point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

    I use convert from ImageMagick.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Mar 18, 2009

  3. thedarkman

    Amos Guest

    PhotoFiltre allows simple incremental rotation of bitmap images ...

    Cheers,
    Amos
    On 2009-03-18, thedarkman wrote:
    > A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
    > able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
    > only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    > point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

    I use convert from ImageMagick.

    Author:
    Amos, Mar 18, 2009
  4. In alt.html, thedarkman wrote:

    > A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program...

    Oh &deity;! Has Microsoft stolen that program too?

    (Try The Gimp.)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 18, 2009
  5. On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:53:54 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
    <> wrote:

    >A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
    >able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
    >only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    >point me in the direction of a program that can do this?

    Irfanview -> rotation by X degrees ... (0.01 degree precision)
    Raymond Schmit, Mar 18, 2009
  6. thedarkman

    Tim Guest

    thedarkman wrote:
    > A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
    > able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
    > only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    > point me in the direction of a program that can do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Picasa is a Google program, not a Microsoft one. I suspect that you were
    using some other program to rotate by degrees, maybe a Microsoft one. Picasa
    only does 90 degree rotations. To do nearly any editing, Picasa opens an
    external program. It would be that external program, probably the one that
    is associated with JPGs on your computer, that does rotation by smaller
    amounts.

    --
    Tim
    Tim, Mar 18, 2009
  7. thedarkman

    56andf Guest

    In Picasa v 3 the next icon to "Crop" is "Straighten"

    56andf, Mar 19, 2009
  8. thedarkman

    Craig Guest

    On 3/18/2009 7:11 PM, 56andf wrote:

    >> A while ago I downloaded the Microsoft free Picassa program and was
    >> able to rotate jpgs by a degree with it. Now for some reason I can
    >> only rotate by 90 degrees. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
    >> point me in the direction of a program that can do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > In Picasa v 3 the next icon to "Crop" is "Straighten"

    Yup. Works for me.

    -Craig
    Craig, Mar 19, 2009
  9. thedarkman

    Ari Heino Guest

    Tim kirjoitti seuraavasti:
    > Picasa
    > only does 90 degree rotations. To do nearly any editing,

    Nope. There is a function to rotate by any angle.

    --
    Ari
    http://users.utu.fi/athein/
    Ari Heino, Mar 19, 2009
  10. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    I stand corrected, it was indeed Irfan I used; I must be going senile
    in my old age. Thanks, it works a treat.

    thedarkman, Mar 19, 2009