Pick Color From Downloaded Image

Earl T

Is it possible to have a web browser pick a color from an image on a
web page? I am not interested in creating an image map but just
reading the colors directly from the screen.

Earl

Jeff North

On 25 Sep 2003 14:36:36 -0700, in comp.lang.javascript
| Is it possible to have a web browser pick a color from an image on a
| web page? I am not interested in creating an image map but just
| reading the colors directly from the screen.
|
| Earl

No, the browser can't do this but there are tons of 'colour pickers'
out there on the net. I use SLUGS http://www.opensourcepan.co.uk

Lewis Shadoff

I wrote a script which picks colors by clicking on a color wheel It
changes the background to the chosen color and shows the RGB values.
The source is well documented.

http://www.websorcerer.com/playgrnd.html
Choose the "Colors" link on the right.

Lewis Shadoff