    I can`t tell. Also, are the large thumbs too large in dimension.
    Thanks for your help.

    Barry
    news.verizon.net, Nov 26, 2003

  2. news.verizon.net

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "news.verizon.net" <> wrote in
    news:5C9xb.576$:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a few thumbnail pics at this address
    > http://www.woodsolutions.com/gallery.htm
    > I`m wondering if the load times are too great with a 56K modem. I`m using
    > DSL so
    > I can`t tell. Also, are the large thumbs too large in dimension.

    21 seconds to load completely. I've got mixed feelings about the large
    thumbs; right now the size contrast makes them dominate too much, but
    shrinking them would compromise the display of the individual items.

    However, if you abandoned your layout tables and used something CSS-based,
    you might be able to space some of the smaller images more closely (because
    you wouldn't have to have three lined up in a row); I think the real
    problem is that the fixed 3X3 layout causes a tall image in the center to
    generate too much whitespace on the sides.
    Eric Bohlman, Nov 26, 2003

  3. My HTML editor estimates 12.9 seconds to download at 56.6. You might try
    running it through
    http://w3c.org validator and clean up the code some. Might help. Frontpage is
    notorious for extraneous code.

    --
    Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

    http://xld.com
    ISP Services, Best Sellers, Affiliates.
    Free Greeting Cards, Recipes, Lots of Other Free Stuff.

    "news.verizon.net" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a few thumbnail pics at this address
    > http://www.woodsolutions.com/gallery.htm
    > I`m wondering if the load times are too great with a 56K modem. I`m using
    > DSL so
    > I can`t tell. Also, are the large thumbs too large in dimension.
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Barry

    ---
    Clark Simmons, Nov 26, 2003
  4. news.verizon.net

    Sid Ismail Guest

    Sid Ismail, Nov 26, 2003
  5. news.verizon.net

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Eric Bohlman <> wrote in

    > However, if you abandoned your layout tables and used something
    > CSS-based, you might be able to space some of the smaller images more
    > closely (because you wouldn't have to have three lined up in a row); I
    > think the real problem is that the fixed 3X3 layout causes a tall
    > image in the center to generate too much whitespace on the sides.

    Just as an example, I redid the gallery part of the page using CSS; you can
    see the results at <http://www.omsdev.com/woodsolutions/gallery.htm>. The
    margins probably need playing around with, but it should be much easier to
    do that with CSS than with tables. You'll note that I have the pictures
    grouped into columns rather than rows, and that I moved some of them around
    to achieve better (at least IMHO) visual balance. You should be able to
    easily move them around as well.
    Eric Bohlman, Nov 27, 2003
  6. news.verizon.net

    Leslie Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:39:48 +0200, Sid Ismail <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:15:29 GMT, "news.verizon.net" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >: Hi
    >:
    >: I have a few thumbnail pics at this address
    >: http://www.woodsolutions.com/gallery.htm
    >: I`m wondering if the load times are too great with a 56K modem. I`m using
    >: DSL so
    >: I can`t tell.
    >

    >You can, you know... with freeware
    >http://tafweb.hypermart.net/webspeed.html

    Handy little gadget for my tool chest. Thanks!

    Leslie
    "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
    Leslie, Nov 27, 2003