    Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
    tools. Any suggestions?

    www.richardfisher.com

    Helpful person, Jun 22, 2009

  2. Helpful person wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
    > and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
    > combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
    > Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
    > tools. Any suggestions?

    What kind of "management" are you looking for?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 22, 2009

  3. On Jun 22, 11:44 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:

    > What kind of "management" are you looking for?
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
    transparency. Fairly simple stuff.

    www.richardfisher.com

    Helpful person, Jun 22, 2009
  4. Helpful person

    David Segall Guest

    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    >Helpful person wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
    >> and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
    >> combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
    >> Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
    >> tools. Any suggestions?

    >What kind of "management" are you looking for?

    What kinds of management are available? I currently use the "managers"
    that came with Picassa and my scanner. Apart from the irritating Adobe
    Photo Downloader that intervenes every time I connect my mobile phone
    to my computer they all seem similar. What features might I look for?

    David Segall, Jun 22, 2009
  5. Helpful person

    SAZ Guest

    In article <0d20a064-5ab3-45c9-87c2-5ccf373849a1
    @r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > On Jun 22, 11:44=A0am, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > What kind of "management" are you looking for?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Take care,
    > >
    > > Jonathan
    > > -------------------
    > > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    > Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
    > transparency. Fairly simple stuff.
    >
    > www.richardfisher.com

    Photoshop is the best, but very expensive.

    If not for the transparency issue, I would suggest Xnview or Irfanview.
    They are both free, fast and easy to use.

    For one free program that will do everything, try The Gimp.

    SAZ, Jun 22, 2009
  6. Helpful person wrote:
    > On Jun 22, 11:44 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    > wrote:
    >> What kind of "management" are you looking for?

    Well, Your CroelDraw10 has PHOTO-Paint, no? PHOTO-Paint has always been
    my preference over Photoshop.

    If you want a simple convention tool, your cannot paint edit, but crop,
    filter, convert and has programmable batch operations then I would
    recommend freeware IrfanView

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 22, 2009
  7. On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:48:59 -0500, SAZ <>
    wrote:

    >In article <0d20a064-5ab3-45c9-87c2-5ccf373849a1
    >@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, says...
    >> On Jun 22, 11:44=A0am, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    >> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > What kind of "management" are you looking for?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Take care,
    >> >
    >> > Jonathan
    >> > -------------------
    >> > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    >> Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
    >> transparency. Fairly simple stuff.
    >>
    >> www.richardfisher.com
    >>

    >Photoshop is the best, but very expensive.
    >
    >If not for the transparency issue, I would suggest Xnview or Irfanview.
    >They are both free, fast and easy to use.
    >
    >For one free program that will do everything, try The Gimp.

    If you save in .gif, Irfanview ask you which color must be used for
    the transparency color.

    Raymond Schmit, Jun 22, 2009
  8. Helpful person

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Helpful person" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
    > and graphics that I wish to post on the web. I presently use a
    > combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
    > Picture Manager. These are just adequate but are not really good
    > tools. Any suggestions?
    >
    > www.richardfisher.com

    Paint .NET is quite nice and straightforward

    Nik Coughlin, Jun 22, 2009
  9. On 22 Jun., 17:46, Helpful person <> wrote:
    > > What kind of "management" are you looking for?

    > > Jonathan

    > Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
    > transparency.  Fairly simple stuff.

    After a brief look at OpenOffice.org Draw I decided to post it aswell.
    I found an export feature and there should be much more.

    Jan C. Faerber, Jun 23, 2009
  10. On Jun 22, 11:16 am, Helpful person <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
    > and graphics that I wish to post on the web.  I presently use a
    > combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
    > Picture Manager.  These are just adequate but are not really good
    > tools.  Any suggestions?
    >
    > www.richardfisher.com

    For images google "Free stock images" you will find several sites that
    offer free images. My favorite being: http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml

    For image editing/manipulation. The best (disputably) is Photoshop,
    but free would be gimp, irfanview, or google "free imaging software"
    and you will find a ton of them.

    Travis Newbury, Jun 23, 2009
  11. Helpful person, Jun 23, 2009
  12. Helpful person

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Jun 22, 11:16 am, Helpful person <> wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a good (preferably free) picture manager for pictures
    > > and graphics that I wish to post on the web.  I presently use a
    > > combination of Corel Draw 10, Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Office
    > > Picture Manager.  These are just adequate but are not really good
    > > tools.  Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > www.richardfisher.com

    > For images google "Free stock images" you will find several sites that
    > offer free images. My favorite being: http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml
    >
    > For image editing/manipulation. The best (disputably) is Photoshop,
    > but free would be gimp, irfanview, or google "free imaging software"
    > and you will find a ton of them.

    Macromedia Fireworks should be mentioned too, an older version would be
    cheap to buy and this software is very good for preparing pictures for
    the web. Much better than the clunky web provisions in most earlier
    versions of Photoshop - don't know about later than the first CS)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 24, 2009
  13. On 23 Jun., 09:26, "Jan C. Faerber" <> wrote:
    > On 22 Jun., 17:46, Helpful person <> wrote:
    >
    > > > What kind of "management" are you looking for?

    > > > Jonathan

    > > Just editing (cropping mainly), compression, file conversion, adding
    > > transparency.  Fairly simple stuff.

    > After a brief look at OpenOffice.org Draw I decided to post it aswell.
    > I found an export feature and there should be much more.

    Looking for a mobile newsreader with google
    I came accross this one: Morz Image Converter at
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/reviews/59873.html

    Jan C. Faerber, Jun 29, 2009