Piecewise fetching using perl dbi

JonL

We have some data in an Oracle database stored as a Long Raw.
We can extract it using DBI, but only up to a certain length.
Once we get above 20MB we start getting error messsages ora-1062 which
comes out as
01062, 00000, "unable to allocate memory for define buffer"
// *Cause: Exceeded the maximum buffer size for current plaform
// *Action: Use piecewise fetch with a smaller buffer size
// *Action: Use a client application linked with V8 (or higher)
libraries.60

I've looked up piecwise fetching and inserting in various Oracle
documents but I dont think DBI supports it. Any Ideas?

xhoster

JonL said:
We have some data in an Oracle database stored as a Long Raw.
We can extract it using DBI, but only up to a certain length.
Once we get above 20MB we start getting error messsages ora-1062 which
comes out as
01062, 00000, "unable to allocate memory for define buffer"
// *Cause: Exceeded the maximum buffer size for current plaform
// *Action: Use piecewise fetch with a smaller buffer size
// *Action: Use a client application linked with V8 (or higher)
libraries.60

I've looked up piecwise fetching and inserting in various Oracle
documents but I dont think DBI supports it. Any Ideas?

Maybe upgrade your client application linked with V8 or higher.

Or switch from long raw to blob. I know I've gone bigger than 20MB using
blobs.

Or use the "substr" sql function to select only chunks of the data.

Xho