PIL, PNG and MIDP

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys,GE Interlogix)

Does anyone know what could be the problem if PNG generated by PIL don't work for (java) MIDP applications?
All the images can be used by different type of graphical applications.
The java MIDP application accepts all the PNG examples I can find on my computer, but the png's generated by PIL throws an exception.

MIDP ImageLoader is complaining right now about an invalid CRC of the PNG?!
Well, the image conversion is very basic, Image.open('foo.jpg').save('foo.png', ''PNG')
Checking the CRC within python, and using a network sniffer shows no problem with any of the CRC's.
Tried to do the conversion on a Linux box (Python2.3) and Windows (Python2.2) using the latest 'greatest' version of PIL.

I'm lost.
Please, if someone has any suggestion.....
Even other libraries suggestions for Python are welcome, I just thought that PIL was the THE image library for Python.

Vincent

Erik Max Francis

Raaijmakers said:
I'm lost.
Please, if someone has any suggestion.....
Even other libraries suggestions for Python are welcome, I just
thought that PIL was the THE image library for Python.

Carefully check the MIDP spec and make sure that there aren't other
limitations on its use of PNGs that would result in a problem (which is
just presumably being reported incorrectly by the loader).

Try creating PNGs with the same bit depth and properties with other
software and see if the loader has any trouble opening them.

--
Erik Max Francis && (e-mail address removed) && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \