PIL show() not working for 2nd pic

suresh.amritapuri

Hi

I am using PIL for image processing in ubuntu 9.04. When i give two
im.show() commands for two different images, the second image is not
displayed (eye of gnome is the display program). It says no such file
or directory. Any ideas?

thanks
suresh

McColgst

Do you get any errors or warnings?
Could we see the code you ran to get this problem?

Thanks
Sean

suresh.amritapuri

Do you get any errors or warnings?
Could we see the code you ran to get this problem?

Thanks
Sean

I used to get no such file or directory showing some files in /tmp
directory. But today I am getting a different type of message, which
appeared yesterday also.

(eog:8368): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_get_iter: assertion `path-
depth > 0' failed

(eog:8368): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_list_store_get_value: assertion
`VALID_ITER (iter, list_store)' failed

(eog:8368): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.20.1/
gobject/gtype.c:3940: type id `0' is invalid

(eog:8368): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type
`<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
Segmentation fault

-----------code----------------------
#!/usr/bin/python
print "Aum Amriteshwaryai Namaha"

import Image

imagePath = "/home/suresh/EE241/book_images_3ed/ch03/"

im34 = Image.open(imagePath + "breast_digital_Xray.tif")
im35 = Image.open(imagePath + "DFT_no_log.tif")
im35.show()

def neg(x):
return 255-1-x

import math

def logtr(x):
y = math.log(1+x,10)
print y
return y*100

im34x = im34.point(neg)
im34x.show()

im35x = im35.point(logtr)
im35x.show()
---------------------------------------end of code
Any ideas?

Thanks
suresh

Cousin Stanley

I am using PIL for image processing in ubuntu 9.04. When i give two
im.show() commands for two different images, the second image is not
displayed (eye of gnome is the display program). It says no such file
or directory. Any ideas?

Suresh ....

I also had problems with show() when using eye of gnome
as the image viewer with your code but no problems using
the display viewer from the imagemagick package ....

im.show( command = 'eog' ) # problems
im.show( command = 'display' ) # no problems

# ----------------------------------------------------------

#!/usr/bin/python

'''
NewsGroup .... comp.lang.python