ping beau BtD

Jonathan N. Little

richard

<head>

<title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
media="screen" />

I see no "slimbox2.css" in your original post...

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
media="screen" />
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

liar liar liar pants on fire!
I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
to show?

As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
that he has been defeated.
And you've just had your ass shot.

Doug Miller

liar liar liar pants on fire!

Actually, that would be you, Richard the Dumbass.
I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.

You lie, Richard the Dumbass. You posted it. He didn't.
Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
to show?

OK, pay close attention here, Richard the Dumbass. This is your original post:

The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
Why? And how to correct so that it does?
I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.

That page is connected to this page
www.1littleworld.net/sample

Note the URL you posted, Richard the Dumbass:
http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html

Note the [partial] contents of the page at that URL, Richard the Dumbass:

richard said:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
media="screen" />
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

liar liar liar pants on fire!
I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
to show?

As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
that he has been defeated.
And you've just had your ass shot.

I am amazed that some do not realized posted items have a history...

*Your* post:

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/56c193f2b3cdbc7f>

*Your* link: <http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>

*Your* markup:

<head>

<title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

media="screen" />

*lightbox.css* not *slimbox2.css*

richard

liar liar liar pants on fire!

Actually, that would be you, Richard the Dumbass.
I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.

You lie, Richard the Dumbass. You posted it. He didn't.
Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
to show?

OK, pay close attention here, Richard the Dumbass. This is your original post:

The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
Why? And how to correct so that it does?
I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.

That page is connected to this page
www.1littleworld.net/sample

Note the URL you posted, Richard the Dumbass:
http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html

Note the [partial] contents of the page at that URL, Richard the Dumbass:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Yes, I posted the link to the page.
I did not post the code from that page.
His claim was the file did not exist.
because he used the wrong path!
I posted the correct path and that shows the file does exist.

P E Schoen

"richard" wrote in message
This file does not exist huh?
For n=1 to 100000000000000
[kick your own sorry self in the arse]
next n

Richard, what is it you are seeking?

Help? (And you sure need it!)
Not the way to get it, but sometimes you still suck seed.
http://voices.yahoo.com/the-three-stooges-history-impact-6640680.html

Fame? Infamy? Attention? Laughs?
Well, you may have succeeded.

Respect?
Not so much...

Paul

richard

I am amazed that some do not realized posted items have a history...

*Your* post:

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/56c193f2b3cdbc7f>

*Your* link: <http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>

*Your* markup:

<head>

<title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

media="screen" />

*lightbox.css* not *slimbox2.css*

the claim is, the file does not exist.
it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

so I will ask you this mister smart one:

you have two folders. One named folderA and one named folderB.
In folderB you have a css folder.
Your calling page is stored in folderA.
How do you write the code so that the css file is called correctly?
And if you have a copy of the css folder in folderA, how is that css file
coded?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to
presume that he has been defeated.

Fat chance, fuckwit.

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
the claim is, the file does not exist.
it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

slimbox2.css may exist, however slimbox2.css is *not* the file that
*your* code linked to, you wrote *lightbox.css*. I have pasted an
excerpt of your code at
so I will ask you this mister smart one:

you have two folders. One named folderA and one named folderB.
In folderB you have a css folder.
Your calling page is stored in folderA.
How do you write the code so that the css file is called correctly?
And if you have a copy of the css folder in folderA, how is that css file
coded?

If I understand you correctly you wish to know how to refer to a css
file with the file structure below?

DOCROOT/folderA/ThePage
DOCROOT/folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file

Well if folderA & folderB are both in your document root then your could
use the absolute path in ThePage

"/folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file"

or your could use a relative path reference:

"../folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file"

But this is all academic, because the error you made was not in the
*folder* for your css file but the actual file name...

[...]

You didn't need to. Anyone who visits that page can see the code. You might try looking at it
yourself once or twice, RtD.
His claim was the file did not exist.

It doesn't.
because he used the wrong path!

He used the path that is IN YOUR MARKUP, RtD, the path that YOU put there. If YOUR
MARKUP contains the wrong path, RtD, that's because YOU used the wrong path in YOUR
MARKUP.
I posted the correct path and that shows the file does exist.

You still don't get it, do you? The HTML document on YOUR server, located at the URL that
YOU posted, attempts to link a stylesheet that doesn't exist. The "correct" path that you
posted is NOT the path that's in the HTML document to which you posted a link.

Doug Miller

the claim is, the file does not exist.

And that claim is true: the file linked to in the document whose URL you posted doesn't exist.
it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

All you have proven is that some OTHER file, with a DIFFERENT NAME, exists.

Calm down a bit, RtD, and look at what you've posted -- and look at your code. Your Rambler
page referenced -- and STILL references -- the nonexistent "lightbox.css" file.