ping beau BtD

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Mar 8, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Mar 8, 2012

  2. richard wrote:
    > http://1littleworld.net/sample/css/slimbox2.css
    >
    > This file does not exist huh?
    >
    > For n=1 to 100000000000000
    > bitch slap!
    > chuckle
    > laugh
    > next n

    <head>

    <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    media="screen" />

    I see no "slimbox2.css" in your original post...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 8, 2012

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:51:11 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://1littleworld.net/sample/css/slimbox2.css
    >>
    >> This file does not exist huh?
    >>
    >> For n=1 to 100000000000000
    >> bitch slap!
    >> chuckle
    >> laugh
    >> laugh
    >> laugh
    >> next n

    > <head>
    >
    > <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    > <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    > media="screen" />
    >
    > I see no "slimbox2.css" in your original post...

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />

    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/slimbox2.js"></script>

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
    media="screen" />
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    liar liar liar pants on fire!
    I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
    Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    to show?

    As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
    that he has been defeated.
    And you've just had your ass shot.
    richard, Mar 8, 2012
  4. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:kbb73s486ncv$.93yw36kzs5ig.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > liar liar liar pants on fire!

    Actually, that would be you, Richard the Dumbass.

    > I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.

    You lie, Richard the Dumbass. You posted it. He didn't.

    > Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    > to show?

    OK, pay close attention here, Richard the Dumbass. This is your original post:

    >http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >
    >The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
    >Why? And how to correct so that it does?
    >I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.
    >
    >That page is connected to this page
    >www.1littleworld.net/sample

    Note the URL you posted, Richard the Dumbass:
    http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html

    Note the [partial] contents of the page at that URL, Richard the Dumbass:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    Doug Miller, Mar 8, 2012
  5. richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:51:11 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://1littleworld.net/sample/css/slimbox2.css
    >>>
    >>> This file does not exist huh?
    >>>
    >>> For n=1 to 100000000000000
    >>> bitch slap!
    >>> chuckle
    >>> laugh
    >>> laugh
    >>> laugh
    >>> next n

    >> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
    >> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    >> <head>
    >>
    >> <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    >> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    >> media="screen" />
    >>
    >> I see no "slimbox2.css" in your original post...

    > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript"
    > src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="js/slimbox2.js"></script>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    > <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
    > media="screen" />
    > <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    >

    > liar liar liar pants on fire!
    > I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
    > Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    > to show?
    >
    > As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
    > that he has been defeated.
    > And you've just had your ass shot.

    I am amazed that some do not realized posted items have a history...

    *Your* post:

    <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/56c193f2b3cdbc7f>

    *Your* link: <http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>

    *Your* markup:

    <head>

    <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    media="screen" />

    *lightbox.css* not *slimbox2.css*

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 8, 2012
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 23:09:18 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:kbb73s486ncv$.93yw36kzs5ig.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> liar liar liar pants on fire!

    > Actually, that would be you, Richard the Dumbass.
    >
    >> I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.

    > You lie, Richard the Dumbass. You posted it. He didn't.
    >
    >> Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    >> to show?

    > OK, pay close attention here, Richard the Dumbass. This is your original post:

    >>http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >>
    >>The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
    >>Why? And how to correct so that it does?
    >>I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.
    >>
    >>That page is connected to this page
    >>www.1littleworld.net/sample

    > Note the URL you posted, Richard the Dumbass:
    > http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >
    > Note the [partial] contents of the page at that URL, Richard the Dumbass:
    > <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

    Yes, I posted the link to the page.
    I did not post the code from that page.
    His claim was the file did not exist.
    because he used the wrong path!
    I posted the correct path and that shows the file does exist.
    richard, Mar 9, 2012
  7. richard

    P E Schoen Guest

    P E Schoen, Mar 9, 2012
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:26:45 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > richard wrote:

    >>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
    >>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    >>> <head>
    >>>
    >>> <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    >>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    >>> media="screen" />
    >>>
    >>> I see no "slimbox2.css" in your original post...

    >> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript"
    >> src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/slimbox2.js"></script>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    >> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
    >> media="screen" />
    >> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    >>

    >> liar liar liar pants on fire!
    >> I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
    >> Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    >> to show?
    >>
    >> As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
    >> that he has been defeated.
    >> And you've just had your ass shot.

    > I am amazed that some do not realized posted items have a history...
    >
    > *Your* post:
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/56c193f2b3cdbc7f>
    >
    > *Your* link: <http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>
    >

    > *Your* markup:

    > <head>
    >
    > <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    > <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > media="screen" />
    >

    > *lightbox.css* not *slimbox2.css*

    the claim is, the file does not exist.
    it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

    so I will ask you this mister smart one:

    you have two folders. One named folderA and one named folderB.
    In folderB you have a css folder.
    Your calling page is stored in folderA.
    How do you write the code so that the css file is called correctly?
    And if you have a copy of the css folder in folderA, how is that css file
    coded?
    richard, Mar 9, 2012
  9. richard wrote:

    > As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to
    > presume that he has been defeated.

    Fat chance, fuckwit.

    --
    -bts, in victory
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 9, 2012
  10. richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:26:45 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:

    >>> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="drilldownmenu.css" />
    >>>
    >>> <script type="text/javascript"
    >>> src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    >>>
    >>> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/slimbox2.js"></script>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/slimbox2.css" type="text/css"
    >>> media="screen" />
    >>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    >>>

    >>> liar liar liar pants on fire!
    >>> I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.
    >>> Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    >>> to show?
    >>>
    >>> As he hasn't responded to my direct statement to him, I am going to presume
    >>> that he has been defeated.
    >>> And you've just had your ass shot.

    >> I am amazed that some do not realized posted items have a history...
    >>
    >> *Your* post:
    >>
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/56c193f2b3cdbc7f>
    >>
    >> *Your* link:<http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>
    >>

    >> *Your* markup:
    >>
    >> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
    >> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    >> <head>
    >>
    >> <title>Lightbox JS v2.0 | Test Page</title>
    >> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css"
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> media="screen" />
    >>

    >> *lightbox.css* not *slimbox2.css*

    > the claim is, the file does not exist.
    > it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

    slimbox2.css may exist, however slimbox2.css is *not* the file that
    *your* code linked to, you wrote *lightbox.css*. I have pasted an
    excerpt of your code at
    <http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html>.

    > so I will ask you this mister smart one:
    >
    > you have two folders. One named folderA and one named folderB.
    > In folderB you have a css folder.
    > Your calling page is stored in folderA.
    > How do you write the code so that the css file is called correctly?
    > And if you have a copy of the css folder in folderA, how is that css file
    > coded?

    If I understand you correctly you wish to know how to refer to a css
    file with the file structure below?

    DOCROOT/folderA/ThePage
    DOCROOT/folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file

    Well if folderA & folderB are both in your document root then your could
    use the absolute path in ThePage

    "/folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file"

    or your could use a relative path reference:

    "../folderB/CSSfolder/CSS.file"

    But this is all academic, because the error you made was not in the
    *folder* for your css file but the actual file name...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 9, 2012
  11. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1qvrxhwgrlbz6.q45ws8ilk6bv$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 23:09:18 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in news:kbb73s486ncv$.93yw36kzs5ig.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:
    >>
    >>> liar liar liar pants on fire!

    >> Actually, that would be you, Richard the Dumbass.
    >>
    >>> I did not post the code that showed the "lightbox.css", Beau did.

    >> You lie, Richard the Dumbass. You posted it. He didn't.
    >>
    >>> Now really, just how easy is it to edit the line to show what you want it
    >>> to show?

    >> OK, pay close attention here, Richard the Dumbass. This is your original post:

    >>>http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >>>
    >>>The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
    >>>Why? And how to correct so that it does?
    >>>I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.
    >>>
    >>>That page is connected to this page
    >>>www.1littleworld.net/sample

    >> Note the URL you posted, Richard the Dumbass:
    >> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
    >>
    >> Note the [partial] contents of the page at that URL, Richard the Dumbass:
    >> <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

    > Yes, I posted the link to the page.
    > I did not post the code from that page.

    You didn't need to. Anyone who visits that page can see the code. You might try looking at it
    yourself once or twice, RtD.

    > His claim was the file did not exist.

    It doesn't.

    > because he used the wrong path!

    He used the path that is IN YOUR MARKUP, RtD, the path that YOU put there. If YOUR
    MARKUP contains the wrong path, RtD, that's because YOU used the wrong path in YOUR
    MARKUP.

    > I posted the correct path and that shows the file does exist.

    You still don't get it, do you? The HTML document on YOUR server, located at the URL that
    YOU posted, attempts to link a stylesheet that doesn't exist. The "correct" path that you
    posted is NOT the path that's in the HTML document to which you posted a link.
    Doug Miller, Mar 9, 2012
  12. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1n4pm0lua5565$.mwoqqc5l9yn5$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > the claim is, the file does not exist.

    And that claim is true: the file linked to in the document whose URL you posted doesn't exist.

    > it most certainly does and I have proven it does.

    All you have proven is that some OTHER file, with a DIFFERENT NAME, exists.

    Calm down a bit, RtD, and look at what you've posted -- and look at your code. Your Rambler
    page referenced -- and STILL references -- the nonexistent "lightbox.css" file.
    Doug Miller, Mar 9, 2012