ping dorayme.....can you fix this problem?

Denis McMahon

As I have found out, if there are no other errors, the "&" error isn't even
mentioned.

xmlParseEntityRef: no name a
xmlParseEntityRef: no name

These were the only two errors reported.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Denis McMahon

I'm validating a fixed version of his page on my own server, if I switch
the correct occurrences of "&amp;" back to his "&", I get errors.

I'm not posting the URL to the fixed page because I refuse to give him
the solution, he'd just break it somehow[1] and then it would all be my
fault[2].

Rgds

Denis McMahon

[1] i.e. he'd take a copy, edit it, insert some illegal combination of
elements, ignore or remove a required attribute, add some more "&"
characters etc.

[2] Then when it failed to validate he'd say it was my coding that
wasn't validating.

Lewis

In message said:
Now for you flamers, I know you will harass me over the fact that I use
inches instead of pixels for the blocks. So flame away, I'm not gonna
change it for you.

Neither inches nor pixels is correct when dealing with text.

I notice you didn't reply on the other thread when you were shown to not
have the foggiest idea what you talking about and were spreading
completely false information.

dorayme

Ed Mullen said:
Best ever comment/description in an answer in these groups - ever!

And I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you not know what "egging the pudding" means? It is an English
expression meaning overdoing it. I just meant exaggerate.

Or do you not understand what Stamenkov was arguing and therefore
not know what my comment in reply meant?

Tim Streater

dorayme said:
Do you not know what "egging the pudding" means? It is an English
expression meaning overdoing it. I just meant exaggerate.

Or do you not understand what Stamenkov was arguing and therefore
not know what my comment in reply meant?

Hmmm, I thought it should be "over-egging the pudding". As in e.g.
"Don't over-egg it with that CSS!" :)

dorayme

Tim Streater said:
Hmmm, I thought it should be "over-egging the pudding". As in e.g.
"Don't over-egg it with that CSS!" :)

Yes, you are right! Having originally used "unnecessarily", I
seemed to shy from using "over". In reply to Ed, I was too quick.

Such substantial matters! <g>