ping dorayme

richard

http://1littleworld.net/images/overlap.jpg

Figured out how to do this and this is the result so far.

The key is in forcing the focus onto the area you want, rather than
the entire body itself.

Leaving out the other paramiters changes the focus.
Now in any child divisons, you can use absolute to position based on
the new "window".

dorayme

richard said:
http://1littleworld.net/images/overlap.jpg

Figured out how to do this and this is the result so far.

The key is in forcing the focus onto the area you want, rather than
the entire body itself.

Leaving out the other paramiters changes the focus.
Now in any child divisons, you can use absolute to position based on
the new "window".

Perhaps a URL to the page in progress, rather than a jpg might inform me
better? I thought you were happy with the idea of divs as per the
previous suggestion?

richard

Perhaps a URL to the page in progress, rather than a jpg might inform me
better? I thought you were happy with the idea of divs as per the
previous suggestion?

Your idea works fine in standard html, not so fine in runbasic.
In runbasic I just can't whip out a progress page so easily.
The image represents what you would see anyway. Even if you did see
the code, you couldn't do anything with it unless you have runbasic.

dorayme

richard said:
Your idea works fine in standard html, not so fine in runbasic.
In runbasic I just can't whip out a progress page so easily.
The image represents what you would see anyway. Even if you did see
the code, you couldn't do anything with it unless you have runbasic.

But surely, if I saw the mark up and CSS, I could say then to you that
maybe you might get your runBasic to produce slightly different mark up
and CSS because this one has problems that will come up in such and such
circumstances etc. Or say, to be optimistic, how good it is and you are
soon to receive a prize from my prize-awarding division.