Ping Randy Howard

jacob navia

Mr Randy Howard has his views about C.

C programmers that develop GUI applications are Neaderntals

and (of course) he agrees with Mr Heathfield:

Heathfield:

Then, he wrote:
<quote>
Taking a slightly different tack than Richard's question, can anyone
post a piece of C source code using a reasonable selection of "new
for C99" features (which must include at least VLAs) which will
compile and work equivalently across more than one C compiler, and
for more than one operating system?
<end quote>

Well, the program that I posted runs under
windows
Solaris
Linux
Ibm mainframes
AIX

Now, what happened?

Howard went silent...

:)

PING PING Mr Howard!

gw7rib

Mr Randy Howard has his views about C.

C programmers that develop GUI applications are Neaderntals

and (of course) he agrees with Mr Heathfield:

Heathfield:
 >>  Have *you* ever encountered a
 >> conforming C99 installation? Even one?

Howard:

Then, he wrote:

<quote>
Taking a slightly different tack than Richard's question, can anyone
post a piece of C source code using a reasonable selection of "new
for C99" features (which must include at least VLAs) which will
compile and work equivalently across more than one C compiler, and
for more than one operating system?
<end quote>

Well, the program that I posted runs under
windows
Solaris
Linux
Ibm mainframes
AIX

Now, what happened?

Howard went silent...

I don't recall reading anything by him recently, and according to
Google he has not posted since Feb 2004.

vippstar

What a bright day it must be for you!
Seriously, Howard only *ASKED* a question of the form "can anyone do
this?".
You did it, and then you posted a mocking thread! WHY?
I don't recall reading anything by him recently, and according to
Google he has not posted since Feb 2004.

Search better next time,

Antoninus Twink

Well, the program that I posted runs under
windows
Solaris
Linux
Ibm mainframes
AIX

Now, what happened?

Howard went silent...

Of course - there is nothing he can say. Like Heathfield and all his
admirers and cronies, he has no interest in discussions based on facts -
they rely on snide innuendo to try to undermine their opponents, and
will NEVER admit when they are wrong.