Ping Randy Howard

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jacob navia, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Mr Randy Howard has his views about C.

    C programmers that develop GUI applications are Neaderntals

    and (of course) he agrees with Mr Heathfield:

    Heathfield:
    >> Have *you* ever encountered a
    >> conforming C99 installation? Even one?

    Howard:
    >> The above pretty much sums up what I've seen as well.

    Then, he wrote:
    <quote>
    Taking a slightly different tack than Richard's question, can anyone
    post a piece of C source code using a reasonable selection of "new
    for C99" features (which must include at least VLAs) which will
    compile and work equivalently across more than one C compiler, and
    for more than one operating system?
    <end quote>

    Well, the program that I posted runs under
    windows
    Solaris
    Linux
    Ibm mainframes
    AIX

    Now, what happened?

    Howard went silent...

    :)

    PING PING Mr Howard!

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
    jacob navia, Aug 26, 2008

  2. jacob navia

    Guest

    On 26 Aug, 20:26, jacob navia <> wrote:
    > Mr Randy Howard has his views about C.
    >
    > C programmers that develop GUI applications are Neaderntals
    >
    > and (of course) he agrees with Mr Heathfield:
    >
    > Heathfield:
    >  >>  Have *you* ever encountered a
    >  >> conforming C99 installation? Even one?
    >
    > Howard:
    >  >> The above pretty much sums up what I've seen as well.
    >
    > Then, he wrote:
    >
    > <quote>
    > Taking a slightly different tack than Richard's question, can anyone
    > post a piece of C source code using a reasonable selection of "new
    > for C99" features (which must include at least VLAs) which will
    > compile and work equivalently across more than one C compiler, and
    > for more than one operating system?
    > <end quote>
    >
    > Well, the program that I posted runs under
    > windows
    > Solaris
    > Linux
    > Ibm mainframes
    > AIX
    >
    > Now, what happened?
    >
    > Howard went silent...

    I don't recall reading anything by him recently, and according to
    Google he has not posted since Feb 2004.
    , Aug 26, 2008

  3. jacob navia

    Guest

    On Aug 27, 1:01 am, wrote:
    > On 26 Aug, 20:26, jacob navia <> wrote:
    >

    > > Mr Randy Howard has his views about C.

    > > C programmers that develop GUI applications are Neaderntals

    > > and (of course) he agrees with Mr Heathfield:

    > > Heathfield:

    > > Howard:

    > > Then, he wrote:

    > > <quote>
    > > Taking a slightly different tack than Richard's question, can anyone
    > > post a piece of C source code using a reasonable selection of "new
    > > for C99" features (which must include at least VLAs) which will
    > > compile and work equivalently across more than one C compiler, and
    > > for more than one operating system?
    > > <end quote>

    > > Well, the program that I posted runs under
    > > windows
    > > Solaris
    > > Linux
    > > Ibm mainframes
    > > AIX

    > > Now, what happened?

    > > Howard went silent...

    What a bright day it must be for you!
    Seriously, Howard only *ASKED* a question of the form "can anyone do
    this?".
    You did it, and then you posted a mocking thread! WHY?

    > I don't recall reading anything by him recently, and according to
    > Google he has not posted since Feb 2004.

    Search better next time,
  4. On 26 Aug 2008 at 19:26, jacob navia wrote:
    > Well, the program that I posted runs under
    > windows
    > Solaris
    > Linux
    > Ibm mainframes
    > AIX
    >
    > Now, what happened?
    >
    > Howard went silent...

    Of course - there is nothing he can say. Like Heathfield and all his
    admirers and cronies, he has no interest in discussions based on facts -
    they rely on snide innuendo to try to undermine their opponents, and
    will NEVER admit when they are wrong.
    Antoninus Twink, Aug 26, 2008