Pinpoint unspecified error for objXMLHttp.send objXML statement

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by c676228, Jun 12, 2009.

  1. c676228

    c676228 Guest

    Hi all,

    Set objXMLHTTP =server.Createobject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    objXMLHttp.Open "POST", GatewayHost, False
    ....'get objXML
    'I have a legitimate xml as I can see from
    Response.Write objXML.xml & "<br>"
    but when I execute this statement
    objXMLHttp.send objXML
    I got the following error.
    * Category: msxml3.dll
    Could someone tell me what I should do to debug?
    I just don't know where to find out the issue if "unspecified error" comes up.

    thanks,
    --
    Betty
    c676228, Jun 12, 2009

  2. Hi Betty,

    >I got the following error.
    >* Category: msxml3.dll

    Are you posting to the asp page in the same virtual directory? If so please
    refer to this kb article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316451

    If not, could you paste all code that can help to reproduce this issue and
    tell me how to reproduce it? In addition, please provide IIS version.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jun 12, 2009

  3. c676228

    Toni Guest

    "Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote...
    > Hi Betty,
    >
    >>I got the following error.
    >>* Category: msxml3.dll

    > Are you posting to the asp page in the same virtual directory? If so please
    > refer to this kb article:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316451

    I am in the middle of a project that is concerned with the above knowledge base article.

    I have an ASP page that is using ServerXMLHTTP to call an .ASPX page in the same
    directory. Can you please tell me if the above article applies?

    I have a limited understanding of this but, as I understand it, ASP and ASPX run in
    different application pools? So, am I safe in doing this?
    Toni, Jun 15, 2009
  4. Hi,

    >I have an ASP page that is using ServerXMLHTTP to call an .ASPX page in

    the same
    >directory. Can you please tell me if the above article applies?

    ASP and ASPX are handled by different modules. I think it's safe to do
    that. But it's still possible to cause dead lock if the ASPX needs a
    resource whose lock is owned by ASP.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support
    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jun 16, 2009
  5. Hi Betty,

    >I got the following error.
    >* Category: msxml3.dll

    Do you have any progress on this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support
    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jun 17, 2009
  6. c676228

    Toni Guest

    "Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote...
    > Hi,
    >
    >>I have an ASP page that is using ServerXMLHTTP to call an .ASPX page in
    > >the same
    >>directory. Can you please tell me if the above article applies?

    > ASP and ASPX are handled by different modules. I think it's safe to do
    > that. But it's still possible to cause dead lock if the ASPX needs a
    > resource whose lock is owned by ASP.

    Thanks. Just to be safe, my ASP page uses ServerXMLHTTP to access a PHP page that
    performs the function (hey, I wrote my first PHP page). Based on the above MS article,
    what I'm doing now should be safe.

    BTW, I'm doing a reverse DNS. ASP doesn't provide a reverse DNS feature, but ASP.NET and
    PHP do. So, I'm passing the IP address to the PHP page using ServerXMLHTTP and
    retrieving the reverse DNS.
    Toni, Jun 19, 2009