Pinpoint unspecified error for objXMLHttp.send objXML statement

c676228

Hi all,

Set objXMLHTTP =server.Createobject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
objXMLHttp.Open "POST", GatewayHost, False
....'get objXML
'I have a legitimate xml as I can see from
Response.Write objXML.xml & "<br>"
but when I execute this statement
objXMLHttp.send objXML
I got the following error.
* Category: msxml3.dll
Could someone tell me what I should do to debug?
I just don't know where to find out the issue if "unspecified error" comes up.

thanks,

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Betty,
I got the following error.
* Category: msxml3.dll

Are you posting to the asp page in the same virtual directory? If so please
refer to this kb article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316451

If not, could you paste all code that can help to reproduce this issue and
tell me how to reproduce it? In addition, please provide IIS version.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

Toni

Hi Betty,

Are you posting to the asp page in the same virtual directory? If so please
refer to this kb article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316451

I am in the middle of a project that is concerned with the above knowledge base article.

I have an ASP page that is using ServerXMLHTTP to call an .ASPX page in the same
directory. Can you please tell me if the above article applies?

I have a limited understanding of this but, as I understand it, ASP and ASPX run in
different application pools? So, am I safe in doing this?

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,
I have an ASP page that is using ServerXMLHTTP to call an .ASPX page in the same
directory. Can you please tell me if the above article applies?

ASP and ASPX are handled by different modules. I think it's safe to do
that. But it's still possible to cause dead lock if the ASPX needs a
resource whose lock is owned by ASP.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Betty,
I got the following error.
* Category: msxml3.dll

Do you have any progress on this issue?

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Toni

Hi,

ASP and ASPX are handled by different modules. I think it's safe to do
that. But it's still possible to cause dead lock if the ASPX needs a
resource whose lock is owned by ASP.

Thanks. Just to be safe, my ASP page uses ServerXMLHTTP to access a PHP page that
performs the function (hey, I wrote my first PHP page). Based on the above MS article,
what I'm doing now should be safe.

BTW, I'm doing a reverse DNS. ASP doesn't provide a reverse DNS feature, but ASP.NET and
PHP do. So, I'm passing the IP address to the PHP page using ServerXMLHTTP and
retrieving the reverse DNS.