    I have done it by cutting and pasting from email to assumed names but that
    is Very time consuming.

    Is there a way to do it automatically? TIA
    static, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Re: Invision Board Entry Via E-mail

    __/ [static] on Friday 04 November 2005 00:20 \__

    > the right place to post this if it is wrong.
    > Sorry if it is the wrong place.
    >
    > I have Invision Power Board running on my host server.
    > I want to make incoming emails post onto that board (of course without
    > personal info).
    > I have done it by cutting and pasting from email to assumed names but that
    > is Very time consuming.
    >
    > Is there a way to do it automatically? TIA

    I only know Invision Board as a user, not as an administrator. Modern CMS
    packages often incorporate XML-RPC and I suggest that your check if Invi-
    sion Board falls among these. If so, you should be able to access the
    board via flexible, inter-operable means of communication. The code might
    be lying around somewhere already. This enables people to post blog items
    from their phones.

    I hope this pointer is a helpful one...

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 4, 2005

  3. static

    brucie Guest

    In post <news:tPxaf.103590$>,
    static said:

    > I have Invision Power Board running on my host server. I want to make
    > incoming emails post onto that board (of course without personal info).

    i would ask IPB support/userbase if there was a plugin available that can
    do that.

    > I have done it by cutting and pasting from email to assumed names but that
    > is Very time consuming. Is there a way to do it automatically?

    if a plugin isn't available ask someone into giggly scripting to whip
    something up that will parse incoming emails to update the boards database.
    but waaay less hassle getting people to post straight to the board.

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 4, 2005