pipe to an already running process?

.rhavin grobert

hi there;-)

I have a little inter-process-communication problem...
_______________________

Lets say you have two perl-skripts [#A and #B], running on my domain.
#A is already running and has left it's PID ($$) in a file, waiting
inside a loop for one or more instances of #B.
#B is invoced by the web-user, reads the file and now has to establish
a connection to #A - just knowing it's PID and sending a string to #A
containing something like: 'Hi, my ID is $$'
#A will accept the connection, receive the string and connect to #B in
return.
At this point, #A and #B should be capable of sending and receiving
strings from each other.
_______________________

The problem is that I dont know how to do that practically;-|

I tryed kill / @SIG, but that doesnt give me the possibility to send
strings (unless i subclass 127 SIGs and transform my string into 7bit;
this will be the last possibility i'd choose;-)

Another try of mine was a pipe() in #A and #B, but i dont fork a single
prog, i have two different ones already running and simply didn't find
a way to exchange the pipe-handles between the programs.

I've read perlipc and spend a day googlin' but still dont have a clue,
so any help or some URL to a source doing something similar would be
fantastic.

-.rhavin;-)