pipes in Windows perlfork emulation

Henry Townsend

Does anyone here have any background info about the following paragraph
which appears in "perldoc perlfork" regarding the emulation of fork()
for Windows?

In certain cases, the OS-level handles created by
the pipe(), socket(), and accept() operators are
apparently not duplicated accurately in
pseudo-processes. This only happens in some
situations, but where it does happen, it may result
in deadlocks between the read and write ends of pipe
handles, or inability to send or receive data across
socket handles.

I'm running into a deadlock situation involving pipes which seems much
like that described. But before I attribute it to a Perl/Win32 bug I
want to do some research. Unfortunately the phrasing above ("certain
cases") is so general as to cover just about anything.