piping a stream to a python script

Discussion in 'Python' started by Matt Price, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Matt Price

    Matt Price Guest

    Hi folks,

    I'm writing a python script which I plan to use in a macro for mutt,
    the mailer. The script is supposed to generate and send an email
    based on a mailto: url pulled out of an email header. The header will
    be passed to the script in the following form, using a pipe:

    <mailto:p?subject=unsubscribe>

    (the mutt macro looks like this:
    | formail -x List-Unsubscribe: | /usr/local/scripts/mailout.py )

    I'd like to capture the stream in a string object. Is there a simle
    way to do this?

    Thanks much,

    Matt

    Matt Price
    History Department, University of Toronto
    (416) 978-2094

    please don't use the following addresses:
    Matt Price, Oct 27, 2004