    it on m y web page and it dosn't go on some computers and comes up with an
    error yet other it works fine. The url is http://carnarvon.125mb.com

    Thanks
    Michael, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Michael

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Michael

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:10 +1000, Michael <>
    wrote:

    > I have software called pixmaker which creates 360 deg veiws for web. I
    > put
    > it on m y web page and it dosn't go on some computers and comes up with
    > an
    > error yet other it works fine. The url is http://carnarvon.125mb.com
    >
    > Thanks

    Opera 7.23 - some images, but no 360 degree views. One image won't load -
    after "... will be amazedby these features." Is that it? Don't work.

    Mozilla 1.6 - I get that image as a missing puzzle piece thing, and it
    says "After installing the plugin, click here."

    IE 5.01-6 - a grey box. In IE and Mozilla I get the most annoying blimp
    flying around. Where's a Howitzer when you need it? (Blam) There - killed
    it.

    I wonder what will happen if I open Netscape 4.01? Hmm... Ooh! A little
    thing opened up. But the window says "License not detected" or something.
    It's gone now...

    Seems this pixmaker is pretty useless. Hardly likely anyone has it
    installed.

    (BTW, there are some really bad typos and coding in there. Whereis,
    HowCarnarvon, etc. In Opera there are double spaces between lines - why
    can't it just wrap to my viewport width?? I mean, it does anyway, which
    makes it look awful... IE can get it, as it's M$ crap Frontpage code, and
    Mozilla figures it out, but Opera, well it can't deal with the totally
    bizarre stuff I see in the source - like "<o:p></o:p>" - what the hell is
    that???)
    Neal, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Michael

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:14:37 -0400, Neal <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > "<o:p></o:p>" - what the hell is that???)

    Looks like the OP has used <shudder>Word</shudder>

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Michael

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:30:42 +1000, Mark Parnell
    <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:14:37 -0400, Neal <> declared in
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> "<o:p></o:p>" - what the hell is that???)

    > Looks like the OP has used <shudder>Word</shudder>

    But what is it, and why would Mozilla not screw up?
    Neal, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Michael

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:37:38 -0400, Neal <> declared in
    alt.html:

    > But what is it, and why would Mozilla not screw up?

    IIRC it's to do with Word's "Smart Tags" - Word inserts it to make it
    easier to convert back to a Word document later. Someone else may be
    able to give you more information than that. :)

    No browser should screw up - it is an unknown element, so it should just
    get ignored (or the contents rendered if there were any).

    "If a user agent encounters an element it does not recognize, it should
    try to render the element's content."
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#didx-error

    Mark Parnell, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Michael

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:49:17 +1000, Mark Parnell
    <> wrote:

    > No browser should screw up - it is an unknown element, so it should just
    > get ignored (or the contents rendered if there were any).
    >
    > "If a user agent encounters an element it does not recognize, it should
    > try to render the element's content."
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#didx-error

    Well, maybe the better question is, "why does Opera 7.23 screw it up"?

    "The park wasestablished in 1932 when 26300 hectares was set aside as a
    national park. Todaythe park has grown to about 220 000 hectares. The park

    temperature varies from 1°C in winter to 35°C in summer."

    Somehow the odd little fellow is seen as a paragraph tag by Opera 7.23...
    Neal, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Michael

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    Michael <> said:

    > I have software called pixmaker which creates 360 deg veiws for web.

    the Next Big Thing[tm] that never got there.

    > and comes up with an error yet other it works fine. The url is
    > http://carnarvon.125mb.com

    i get a big "no hot link 125mb.com not accept a hotlink" image, is that
    it?

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jun 2, 2004