Pixel Information Question

Oracle3001

Hi All,

I have taken the green part of two RGB images that were split.
I then XOR'ed them together, applied a median filter, followed by
thresholding the result.

What I am left with is a planarImage which only contains two filled circles.
I am trying to apply a blob labelling algorithm to this image. I need access
to the values of pixels and make a decision on the ones which are 'TURNED
ON'.

I thought this would be a simple matter of converting my planarImage into a
BufferedImage, then pixelGrabbing into an array. Then reading the values of
the array.

However, I have found that the array contains utter rubbish values (nothing
makes sense). Could ppl please help me out with this prob.

I have included the output of the image info of the image that i am trying
to pixelgrab.

Image Info:- PlanarImage[minX=0 minY=0 width=320 height=240
tileGridXOffset=0 tileGridYOffset=0 tileWidth=320 tileHeight=240
sampleModel=java.awt.image.PixelInterleavedSampleModel@1004000
colorModel=ColorModel: #pixelBits = 8 numComponents= 1 color space =
java.awt.color.ICC_ColorSpace@10721b0 transparency = 1 has alp
ha = false isAlphaPre = false]
No of Image Bands:- 1
START OF METHOD