Pizza, Love, and Stock (Opportunity for Developers)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by info@3dgrid.com, May 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Looking for World Class Developers:
    (or at least State Class Developers)

    Early stage software product company aiming to become the Google of
    healthcare needs top talent to bridge near-term development needs. We
    are looking for sharp individuals interested in a side project that
    might or might not turn into a full time gig down the road. The more
    versatile your skill-set and background the better. Candidates must be
    willing to roll up their sleeves and work some nights and week-ends (at
    least 10 to 15 hours per week for up to 6 months) in exchange for
    pizza, love and stock.

    What we are looking for:
    1. Talented individuals starting to explore a career move, but while
    they are looking they can test the waters with this start-up to see if
    it leads to bigger opportunities. No risk, but a little time.
    2. Talented individuals who are happily employed, but have some spare
    hours to exercise the entrepreneurial spirit. The effort will be
    challenging, but fun and rewarding. It may become a nice addition to an
    investment portfolio for nothing more than an investment of a little
    time.

    What we are NOT looking for:
    1. Someone looking for a paying job immediately
    2. Someone who cannot otherwise land a job (candidates for this effort
    are the type who don't find jobs... jobs find them)

    What you get in exchange for some of your time:
    1. Equity that could put kids through college some day;
    2. Work towards a common goal with a fun & talented group;
    3. Push your skills and build a reference account for those who want to
    break into consulting;
    4. Establish first right of refusal for full time positions as
    revenue/funding are established in coming months.

    Successful personality will include:
    1. Sense of Humor - you don't take yourself too seriously;
    2. Responsible and hard-working (demonstrated history of follow-through
    and committment);
    3. Good team player with enthusiasm;
    4. Enjoy bringing innovation and order to chaos;
    5. Sense of adventure.

    Skills we are looking for:
    ..NET application development experience (VB.Net; C#, ASP.NET)
    Database architecture using SQL Server
    Web services, XML, SOAP and related technologies
    5+ years ASP product architecture/development
    Dynamic Flash solutions, linking front-end to back-end, utilizing
    Action Script and XML
    User interface design and usability

    Other helpful skills:
    Deep Product Management Expertise
    Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle Concepts

    Next few steps:
    We know there are people in Seattle who can wallpaper a room with stock
    options that ended up being worthless, but we feel we have a compelling
    story to tell, and for nothing more than a little of your time this
    could turn into something very exciting.

    Step 1:
    If you are interested, please send us a brief email to .
    One paragraph about why you're interested, and one paragraph about your
    qualifications. Resume is optional.

    Step 2:
    Selected candidates will receive a link to a brief survey.

    Step 3:
    Finalists will be invited to our offices for pizza/discussion with our
    team.

    , May 5, 2006

  2. Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > 2. Responsible and hard-working (demonstrated history of follow-through
    > and committment);

    And the ability to use a spellchecker, presumably...? ;-)

    Mark Rae, May 5, 2006

  3. Jon Jon Guest

    So your looking for some free-bee ? LOL
    Have you tried Mexico ?

    Jon Jon, May 6, 2006
  4. You can't find someone to believe enough in the project to fund it, so
    you try to run it without funds?

    Göran Andersson, May 6, 2006
  5. It's better not to respond to spammers and other rogue advertisers because
    when the spam garbage is removed, the responses still clutter up the
    newsgroups.

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, May 7, 2006