PKCS11 and DER

Discussion in 'C++' started by MadDruid, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. MadDruid

    MadDruid Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm using a pkcs11 library to get some information from a smartcard.

    In particular, the C_GetAttributeValue function returns the certificate
    serial number in DER format:

    CKA_SERIAL_NUMBER
    Byte array
    DER-encoding of the certificate serial number

    I'm trying to convert it to a string using libtasn1 library
    (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/libtasn1/libtasn1.html#DER-functions)
    but without success.

    Does anyone knows that library and give me an hint about this topic? Or
    suggest me an alternative?

    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Alessandro

    MadDruid, Nov 11, 2008

  2. MadDruid

    MadDruid Guest

    Hi Victor,
    the problem is not with the pkcs11 library but with the DER->string
    conversion in libtasn1 library, that is not OS-specific as stated in the
    documentation:

    "libtasn1 is portable. It should work on all Unix like operating
    systems, including Windows. The library itself should be portable to any
    C89 system, not even POSIX is required. "

    I already googled about this topic but I didn't found nothing useful.

    Alessandro.

    MadDruid, Nov 12, 2008

  3. MadDruid

    Giovanni Guest

    On 12 Nov, 10:00, MadDruid <>
    wrote:
    > Hi Victor,
    > the problem is not with the pkcs11 library but with the DER->string
    > conversion in libtasn1 library, that is not OS-specific as stated in the
    > documentation:
    >
    > "libtasn1 is portable. It should work on all Unix like operating
    > systems, including Windows. The library itself should be portable to any
    > C89 system, not even POSIX is required. "
    >
    > I already googled about this topic but I didn't found nothing useful.
    >
    > Alessandro.
    >
    > Victor Bazarov ha scritto:
    >

    > >MadDruidwrote:
    > >> I'm using a pkcs11 library [..] but without success.

    > >> Does anyone knows that library and give me an hint about this topic?
    > >> Or suggest me an alternative?

    > > GIYF.  Also, consider that hardware interaction is OS-specific, so you
    > > will likely find more relevant response in the newsgroup for your OS.

    > > V- Nascondi testo citato

    > - Mostra testo citato -

    Ciao, ho problemi anche io con pkcs#11, volevo migrare da java a c+
    + ..
    Tu hai esperienza in questo ambito??
    Ti prego di contattarmi per mail cosi' vediamo di scambiarci alcuni
    pareri.
    Grazie
    Giovanni

    Giovanni, Nov 12, 2008