    the main page, but the product list I get from a dataset is displayed at the
    top of the page with the header and navigation controls way down at the end
    of the page. Why is this and what do I do about it.
    et, Sep 25, 2004

  2. "et" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have placed 3 web user controls on a page, a header, a navigation and a
    > products control. Each control is contained in a row and cell in a table.
    >
    > The header and navigation controls work fine, but the products control is
    > displayed at the top of the page instead of inside the table. I have some
    > labels on the products control that is displayed correctly in the table on
    > the main page, but the product list I get from a dataset is displayed at

    the
    > top of the page with the header and navigation controls way down at the

    end
    > of the page. Why is this and what do I do about it.

    It's hard to know what the problem is when you haven't posted any code or
    HTML.

    Do you have any absolute positioning in the controls which are placed badly?

    BTW, I doubt that the fact that you get the data from a dataset has anything
    to do with the positioning of the controls!
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    John Saunders, Sep 26, 2004

  3. et

    Carter Guest

    Thanks for your help. My code contains very little; the text "This is my
    products page" is displayed at the top of the page above the header instead
    of as part of the table:

    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="default.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="clients._default"%>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctlNavigation"
    Src="ctlNavigation.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctlHeader" Src="ctlHeader.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctlLogon" Src="ctlLogon.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="ctlProducts" Src="ctlProducts.ascx" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>Water Management Information System</title>
    name=vs_targetSchema>
    </HEAD>
    <form id=frm1 runat="server">
    runat="server"><uc1:ctlHeader id=CtlHeader1
    runat="server"></uc1:ctlHeader></asp:panel></td></tr>
    runat="server">Logon Panel <uc1:ctlLogon id=CtlLogon1
    runat="server"></uc1:ctlLogon><asp:Button id=Button1 runat="server"
    Text="Button"></asp:Button></asp:panel></td></tr>
    runat="server">Navigation Panel <uc1:ctlNavigation id=ctlNavigation
    runat="server"></uc1:ctlNavigation></asp:panel></td></tr>
    <asp:panel id=pnlProducts runat="server">
    <uc1:ctlProducts id=ctlProducts runat="server"></uc1:ctlProducts>
    </asp:panel>

    </form>
    </HTML>

    default.aspx.vb

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Response.Write("This is my products page")

    End Sub

    Carter, Sep 27, 2004