Placing ActivexControl in Windows control in aspx page

Shahzad Godil

I have successfully placed a seperate .Net windows control on my aspx page
as well as one ActiveX Control (Visio control) on my aspx. But my orignal
design is that Visio activex will be placed in my windows control. And then
this windows control will be place in my aspx as "Client side" rich user
interface control.

It is giving blank page.

Thanks
Shahzad Godil

Bruce Barker

this won't work too well.

first you .net windows control has to create the active/x control itself,
not the page. because it unmanaged code, the .net control will not be a
trusted control, so it will require the user to run the caspol.exe utility
to give your .net control enough permission.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Shahzad Godil

What do you mean by won't work too well. Will it work or not ?

I am using visio activex control in my windows .net control. Before placing
activex control, .net control is showing on my ie page without any problem.
Means it already has enough permission.

Can you give example in detail.

Thanks
Shahzad Godil