    ASP.net programmer

    Regards and many thanks in advance
    CharlesA

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?=, Mar 16, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?=

    Guest Guest

    Clarify, please. Are you looking for an extremely detailed breakdown of the
    ASP.NET page lifecycle?

    -KF

    Guest, Mar 16, 2007

  3. try this

    It wont make you a better programmer, but you might understand the HTTP
    Protocol better and how that sits within the asp.net pipeline

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Mar 17, 2007
  4. sorry ken, I could have sworn that I sent a reply to your helpful question.

    I suppose I'm looking for something that goes into HTTP more than usual, I'm
    aware of the page lifecycle, but I'm intrigued at how the magic is all done
    with regards to http

    thx John I'll read the stuff at that link
    Regards, and thanks again
    CharlesA

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?=, Mar 17, 2007
  5. All asp.net really does is implement the HTTP protocol, and provide a set of
    objects that make interaction with that protocol easier. If you want ot
    learn about http, you can detract yourself from asp.net and learn that as a
    seperate thing. Once a webserver recieves a GET or POST request for
    example, it has a certain way of handling it - thats the pipeline. In
    ASP.NET the pipeline exposes a set of enhanced objects which can provides
    access to the runtime - that is asp.net. The pipeline cannot be removed
    from the http protocol, so learn about both if you really want to understand
    how IIS and asp.net interact with http.

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

    John Timney \(MVP\), Mar 17, 2007
  6. thanks very much john that's very useful

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?=, Mar 17, 2007