Plan Your Move

Discussion in 'HTML' started by linkswanted, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. linkswanted

    linkswanted Guest

    Plan Your Move
    You know you have a lot ahead of you, so why wait until the last
    minute to throw things together? Plan well in advance and start taking
    steps now to make your move more manageable. Be an Informed Mover
    Start by creating a "move file." You'll need a place to keep important
    information and receipts for moving related expenses. Contact the IRS
    or visit their Web Site to determine what expenses can be deducted on
    your next tax return. Research your new community. Start by visiting
    your new city and state's Web Site or contact their chambers of
    commerce for relocation packets. Check out local entertainment,
    shopping and restaurants. This can be lots of fun and will give you
    much to look forward to. You'll also want to order a phone book and
    city map for your new location. This will allow you to start
    researching new schools and service providers and is a must for your
    "essentials" box.

    Finally, consider ordering a local newspaper. Most news providers will
    send a complimentary issue to prospective customers. Start Paring Down
    Moving is tough, but it can also be an opportunity. This is the
    perfect time to get rid of the extra "stuff" you've accumulated. Take
    it one room at a time and prepare to make tough decisions. Survey each
    room and ask yourself: Does this have sentimental or monetary value?
    Does anyone really use it? Is it worth lugging around? Is there room
    for it in our new home? If the item in question doesn't make the cut,
    ditch it! Plan a yard sale, post an online auction or simply donate
    anything that does not meet your criteria. This is a great way to earn
    a little extra cash or another tax deduction. Start using up items
    that can't be moved to your new home. Properly dispose of flammable or
    potentially hazardous chemicals. This would include anything in an
    aerosol can, cleaning and lighting fluids, paint, matches and
    ammunition. Eat foods that are frozen or stored in glass jars and
    don't plan on replacing these items until you are in your new home.

    Finally, be aware that live plants cannot be shipped with your other
    household goods. Plan on taking these in your car or find new homes
    for them. Take Inventory Sorting through your home gives you the
    opportunity to take inventory of your belongings. Make a list of
    everything you decide to keep and assign replacement values for
    insurance purposes. Make note of items that are difficult to replace.
    Either carry these items with you or ship them by insured or certified
    mail. Such items might include: Photos and home videos Birth
    certificates, wills and other legal documentation Jewelry, rare coins
    and special collections Stock certificates, insurance policies and
    financial records Computer diskettes with backups of important files.
    Know what you will need upon arrival to your new home. Plan ahead and
    make a checklist of things you will need to pack in suitcases and an
    "essentials" box. Allow for extra clothing and be sure to make room
    for treasures, toys and snacks for the kids. Your essentials box
    should include things you'll be scrambling for upon arrival. Scissors,
    masking tape, utility knife, can opener Coffee cups, paper plates,
    paper towels Plastic forks, spoons, knives Dish soap, trash bags,
    towels Instant coffee, tea, beverages Toilet paper, toiletries
    Prescriptions, aspirin or other pain relievers Flashlight, light
    bulbs, hammer Phone books, pencils and paper, your "move file"
    Telephone, radio, batteries Plan on keeping your essentials box and
    luggage handy, preferably in your automobile.

    http://www.movingcompanies.co.il/moving-tips/plan-your-move.html

    linkswanted, Dec 21, 2007

  2. linkswanted

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:03:48 GMT
    linkswanted scribed:

    > Plan Your Move
    > You know you have a lot ahead of you, so why wait until the last
    > minute to throw things together? Plan well in advance and start taking
    > steps now to make your move more manageable.

    Oy, a friend of mine told me that another friend of his visited the link
    you left, hired someone he found on the page, and got charged $450.00 for
    what turned out to be nothing but advice for a move of just 8 miles from
    his then-current location. Is this true?

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

    Bone Ur, Dec 21, 2007