    many features of 97), and I put this report on the web via asp.net, will the
    user who is still using Excel 97 be able to use and naviagte my asp.net
    report that I deve;oped with Excel 2003?

    ibeetb, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Excel 97 should be able to open Excel 2003 files, although there are a
    couple of details you should know about:
    Use Excel's standard file format (Don't save in Excel 2003's new XML format
    for instance.)
    Don't use any fancy new features that are specific to Excel 2003 and don't
    exist in Excel 97.

    Always test with any platforms that you plan to support.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "ibeetb" <> wrote in message
    > If I develop reports with an application that the user does not

    have.....for
    > example, Excel or more specifically, if I develop a report with Excel 2003
    > and the user is still using Excel 97 (2003 is NOT backwards compatible

    with

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 1, 2004