Play a sound when clicking a hyperlink?

Ed Mullen

Chris said:
That's great. Can you give some example of actual working code (a couple of
lines of your time) that will do this please? Would really appreciate it.

Again, I also will have the option to turn sounds ON or OFF, and they will
start OFF so it is up to the user - therefore there is no automatic or
surprising sound.

Thanks.

Some links to learn about sound:

http://www.google.com/search?query=sound html code&num=50
http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/mediatests.html
http://www.origins.tv/htmlataglance/sounds.htm

Instead of just taking some code snippets from someone else you really
owe it to yourself to study this issue before you decide how to
accommodate your design goal.

dorayme

And, btw, don't stir up that "mad hatter" crowd, a few of their
threads have (after a long absence) started appearing, complete
with foul language, on my newsreader.

I don't view them as a crowd, I view each as an individual with a unique
persona and responsible for his/her own commentary just as anyone would
be.[/QUOTE]

Boji, I have reinstructed Officer Bud White. Rather than give you
an education, I have told him to get one from you. I have told
him to accept on trust that you will treat him fairly on his
individual merit. In practical terms this means he will offer no
resistance and you can beat him into a pulp.
Casually categorizing people into groups leads to discrimination
which I have found that Australians in particular are far from free of.

Australians in particular eh? I take it that this categorization
is not casual.

Sid Ismail

: Instead of just taking some code snippets from someone else you really
: owe it to yourself to study this issue before you decide how to
: accommodate your design goal.

Well said! I concur.

Sid

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
I don't view them as a crowd, I view each as an individual with a unique
persona and responsible for his/her own commentary just as anyone would
be.

Boji, I have reinstructed Officer Bud White. Rather than give you
an education, I have told him to get one from you. I have told
him to accept on trust that you will treat him fairly on his
individual merit. In practical terms this means he will offer no
resistance and you can beat him into a pulp.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Don't like to hurt people. Spanking young
women when they need it is as far as I go.
Australians in particular eh? I take it that this categorization
is not casual.

He he, apparently you "got" the didactic anecdote (-er, joke.)