Playing a WAV file from a Web Page

Andrew Chalk

Can anyone point me to some code that allows the user to play a WAV file by
clicking on a link.

Many thanks.

Karl Seguin

Well, simply linking to the .wav file will work for most users. All they
need is a program, like QuickTime associated with the wav extension.

You can check out:
http://www.fluffbucket.com/html/sound.htm

<a onclick="self.location='myfile.wav'; return false" href="#">Click here to
play</a>

Karl

Andrew Chalk

OK. Now if the user clicks on a button that causes a search of a database
for the file name how can my web site then play the file to them?

Many thanks,

Andrew