Playing audio file in asp.net???

Sobin Thomas

Hi,All...
I found in one of the articles on the net that an audio file can be played
in asp.net by setting the Hyperlink's Navigate Url as the audio file name.
ie, Hyperlink1.NavigateUrl="~\\songs\\mysong.wav";
And it works pretty well for me.Is there any disadvantage in using this
method.If so, what is the preferred method of playing an audio file in
asp.net?
Thanking you in advance for your reply...
Best regards.......

George Ter-Saakov

asp.net is running on the server. Who do you want to play audio file to
there?
Sys Admins.... They would probably love you for that :)

If you want to play it to user then you need to rephrase your question a
little...
Like "What is the best way to play audio file in browser?"
There are a lot of choices here.
Your way working and I would say keep it like this.
you might want to look into Media Streaming. But that is totally different
topic than ASP.NET and I do not have much experience in it.

Check google "Streaming Music from IIS"

George.