Playing media files in the browser

Jaydeep

Hi All,
Requirement is, I want to execute .asf or .wma files from browser.
Following is my code...

<object id="MediaPlayer1" width=180 height=200
classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"

codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components..."
type="application/x-oleobject" align="middle" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="url" value="http://localhost:86/e-learning/sample.asf">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="True">
<PARAM name="autoStart" value="True">

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage = "http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/"
src="http://localhost:86/e-learning/sample.asf" align="middle"
width=176
height=144
defaultframe="rightFrame"
showstatusbar=true>
</embed>
</object>

When I browse the page, I can see the Media player but, instead of executing
the sample.asf in the media player,
it asks to download the sample.asf file
I don't understand why it is not running the .asf file in the media player,
and why it is asking me to download the file...

O/S: Win 2k Server. Windows Media Player Version: 9

TIA
Jaydeep