Playing media files in the browser

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jaydeep, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Jaydeep

    Jaydeep Guest

    Hi All,
    Requirement is, I want to execute .asf or .wma files from browser.
    Following is my code...

    <object id="MediaPlayer1" width=180 height=200
    classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"

    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
    cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
    standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components..."
    type="application/x-oleobject" align="middle" VIEWASTEXT>
    <param name="url" value="http://localhost:86/e-learning/sample.asf">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="True">
    <PARAM name="autoStart" value="True">

    <embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
    pluginspage = "http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/"
    src="http://localhost:86/e-learning/sample.asf" align="middle"
    width=176
    height=144
    defaultframe="rightFrame"
    showstatusbar=true>
    </embed>
    </object>

    When I browse the page, I can see the Media player but, instead of executing
    the sample.asf in the media player,
    it asks to download the sample.asf file
    I don't understand why it is not running the .asf file in the media player,
    and why it is asking me to download the file...

    O/S: Win 2k Server. Windows Media Player Version: 9

    TIA
    Jaydeep
    Jaydeep, Apr 8, 2004