Playing media files

Mark Rae

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good technique, or point me at a good 3rd party
utility, which will play media files on ASP.NET 2 pages? Typically, the
audio files will be MP3s and the videos will be AVI, MPEG or FLV. There is a
specific requirement that the audio files should "play" without opening a
new page or frame. No problem with paying a "reasonable" amount for a decent
3rd party utility...

I have had a bit of a trawl on Google, and the best I've come up with so far
is http://www.wimpyplayer.com

What I really like about this is that, because it's based entirely on Flash,
there are no plug-ins for the clients to download.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not "skinnable" i.e. I'm
stuck with using their button to play the audio files.

I realise that this isn't *specifically* an ASP.NET question but I'd be
interested to know what other people do to stream audio and video media in
ASP.NET.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark