    load the data I need.

    TIA

    Jorge.

    Jorge Luzarraga Castro, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Re: Please Advice. Whats the right path? plain file vs xml file

    Imho XML is a best approach in many cases (and imho in your situation too),
    but I dont use web services always because its "cooool". Check requarements
    for you system: how many data u must import - 1 MB or 10 GB? what
    environments for your system - intranet or internet, homogeny or heterogenic
    system? security requirements?

    Denis Kondratyev

    "Jorge Luzarraga Castro" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
    ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:...
    > Hello Everybody!
    >
    > I´d like that you give me some advice on what the right approach to

    import

    Denis Kondratyev, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Re: Please Advice. Whats the right path? plain file vs xml file

    Dennis, Thanks for your reply.

    Here are some extra considerations:

    The initial load is going to be the heaviest, but next loads are gonna be
    under 1 MB.
    Both of the systems have their own database schema on different servers.
    Both of the systems are on top of the .NET Platform and using MSSQLServe 2K.
    Both of the systems are part of the same intranet.

    Given all of this, is it still good choice to consume a webservice to load
    data?

    TIA

    Jorge Luzarraga

    Jorge Luzarraga Castro, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Re: Please Advice. Whats the right path? plain file vs xml file

    Imho with 1 MB data u dont have performance troubles with web services via
    intranet. For initial load u can use DTS if amount of data is big.

    Denis Kondratyev, Sep 8, 2004