Please Assist With Submission to Remote Iframe

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by vunet, Oct 29, 2008.

  1. vunet

    vunet Guest

    I am totally stuck here and need expert's assistance. Pleaaase...

    I am building a JS utility to submit form's images to a remotely
    created IFrame, where IFrame's server side file will accept images and
    output successful message back to the form, which (the form) will be
    submitted regular way (by pressing Submit button).

    This, described above, works perfect for Firefox. IE6, however, is
    giving me a headache I cannot go by. I created URL for testing
    purposes:

    http://vunet.us/test/iebugencoding.html (test in FF first and then
    compare with IE6)

    I know that the problem is in IE6 enctype = "multipart/form-data"
    which should be encoding = "multipart/form-data" instead for
    dynamically created IFrames (Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533745(VS.85).aspx,
    see comment on the bottom of that link).

    From previous posts I realized that once the form is submitted, the
    form object reference is lost and I cannot reset form's properties
    such as encoding (for IE6 here). Therefore, the form submission occurs
    to a new page and without any values passed on.

    Please advise or comment. Thank you in advance.
    vunet, Oct 29, 2008