Please Check My Page

coretys

http://www.deutschschule.net/design/page.asp

* This page should look good on screens 800px and higher (no
horizontal scroll bar).
* Mainly "flat screens" should be tested. My "old" screen displays
colors quite different. It always looks weak on flat screens.
* Please set it up and post the result in the treat, where you
found this link.
* Please don't use "black" or other color names use "#000000".
Ohterwise the border will not display correctly.
* Please post additional comments about the design on the threat
too.

Thanks for any replys.

hywel.jenkins

http://www.deutschschule.net/design/page.asp

* This page should look good on screens 800px and higher (no
horizontal scroll bar).

It doesn't. The colours are awful.

* Mainly "flat screens" should be tested. My "old" screen displays
colors quite different. It always looks weak on flat screens.
What!?

* Please set it up and post the result in the treat, where you
found this link.
Shh.

* Please post additional comments about the design on the threat
too.

It's dreadful. What is it for?

Coretys

OK.

You don't like the colors. What colors would you recommend?
What about the layout?
What is dreatful?

Could you be more specific?

Travis Newbury

Coretys said:
You don't like the colors. What colors would you recommend?
What about the layout?
What is dreatful?
Could you be more specific?

Nope, I think dreadful is just about all that can be said. But look,
it did validate....

Coretys

Your comments are rather useless. A waste or my and your time. But ...
Keep up the good work :)

Jonathan N. Little

Coretys said:
Your comments are rather useless. A waste or my and your time. But ...
Keep up the good work :)

The color and all maybe personal taste, but to one who does website
design here is a more a more unattractive issue:

Travis Newbury

Coretys said:
Your comments are rather useless. A waste or my and your time. But ...
Keep up the good work :)

Why are they useless, would it have been better to just tell you to
start over? There was no redeeming value to your page at all (in my
opinion)

Greg N.

I think you're not getting a lot of useful replies because what you're
asking for (trying out a few colors an tell you what we like) seems
futile and useless. If you eventually get, say, five personal choices
out of over 8 billion possible combinations, what's that good for?

But if you're after a good set how harmonic colors, maybe this site helps:

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
This page should look good on screens 800px and higher (no
horizontal scroll bar).

The prevailing opinion around here is that a page should be designed
such that it looks good on any screen size.
Mainly "flat screens" should be tested. My "old" screen displays
colors quite different. It always looks weak on flat screens.

For the purpose of web design, colors should look sufficiently similar
on all monitors. If a monitor looks very different from most others,
then it is severely misadjusted, or burnt out, or broken. Try to adjust
your monitor, this may help:

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html
http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html#QuickGamma

Coretys

Hi Greg N.,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually my request wasn't clearly stated. I wanted people with flat
screens to use the same colors like me, but make some small
adjustments, that it looks good on flat screens. And in case they have
a really good combo, that is totally different, then I would try that
too. But that's OK. I finally got a reply, that I can answer.

Yes, it should look good on every screen. That is right. But 99% of the
pages don't look good on 600px wide screen, or they get vertical
scrollbars. Mine is the same in that respect. Actually if you zoom in
on my page it looks still OK, when other pages already get their design
messed up. For example at 300%.

My monitor is probably burned out, but I will try your links.

By the way...

I tried to make sure that my header gets split at an exact point in the
middle, and not only 1 charcter on a new line. That happens with
Japanese, because they don't use spaces at all. is there a way to
accomplish this without using the <nobr> tag? I get an erro message,
when I check the page on W3C.

Thanks again ...

Coretys

Actually it would be useful if you tell me why I should start all over.
Because otherwise I just land up with the same. I don't have any idea
what you don't like.

- Is it the layout: Header + 2 columns?
- is it the table that I use, and not those "great" div's, that need
hacking in the CSS to make them work. I prefer a table and no hacks in
the CSS.

or what is it ...

I probably have to guess.

Greg N.

Coretys said:
I tried to make sure that my header gets split at an exact point in the
middle, and not only 1 charcter on a new line. That happens with
Japanese, because they don't use spaces at all. is there a way to
accomplish this without using the <nobr> tag? I get an erro message,
when I check the page on W3C.

I'm not sure what follows is a clean, side-effect free approach, but it
may work for you: Write your characters in groups, and put spaces where
line breaks are allowed. For example:

<h1 class=tie>ABC DEFG HIJ</h1>

Use CSS to make te spaces invisible:

..tie {word-spacing:-.25em;}

This will be rendered as ABCDEFGHIJ, but line breaks, if necessary, will
only occur between C-D or G-H.

Arne

Once said:
Your comments are rather useless. A waste or my and your time. But
... Keep up the good work :)

And who are you talking to? Not quoting is a waste of others time, since
we must search for the message you don't quote to make sence of your
post. If we would like to help you out, that is.

How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
*From Google*: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Google Group Users, read about The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html