Please convince me to use a Ruby blogging engine

Francis Hwang

Hi everybody,

A project I'm working on might be hosting multiple blogs on one
website, and I would be happy as a clam if I could use a Ruby blogging
engine for it. Especially since I'm 99% certain that whatever I use
I'll have to add a lot of code to, and I'm really not looking to add
even more PHP to my life.

Below are the main features I'd like to have out-of-the-box.
Realistically I know I'll have to add some of these myself, but I'm
just listing them anyway. For some reason I haven't been able to find
these sort of feature matrices online, so if people could fill in what
engines have what, that would be much appreciated. Right now I'm aware
of people using Rublog and rb.log but am open to hearing about others.
Even non-Ruby ones if that's necessary, I guess.

- Atom feed
- blogrolls
- categories
- comments
- customizeable blogging templates for people who are designers but
not programmers. (Meaning .rhtml, Amrita, PHP, etc., don't count.)
- friends-only reader lists
- image/file upload
- photo albums
- RSS feed
- subdomains
- supports automatic disk quota limits per user
- trackbacks
- web posting interface

Thanks in advance,
Francis

gabriele renzi

il 20 Apr 2004 12:46:21 -0700, (e-mail address removed) (Francis Hwang) ha
scritto::
Hi everybody,

A project I'm working on might be hosting multiple blogs on one
website, and I would be happy as a clam if I could use a Ruby blogging
engine for it.

I'm not sure of it support all this but, did you considered tdiary?
It already supports a blogging community [0], is inactive
developing[1], has lots of third party plugins[2] and in the tgz
you'll find docs in english :)

[0]www.tdiary.net
[1]www.tdiary.org
[2]tdiary-users.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?PluginList