Please criticize my website.

Els

Barbara said:
Orange? Hmpf, obviously you never met a Jupitarian.

You got me there - indeed, I never have.
I normally check my facts before writing anything in alt.html, but in
a Luigi thread.. who needs reality? ;-)

So, I suppose you did meet one? What's their colour - purple with
yellow polkadots? :)

Barbara de Zoete

You got me there - indeed, I never have.
I normally check my facts before writing anything in alt.html, but in
a Luigi thread.. who needs reality? ;-)
lol

So, I suppose you did meet one? What's their colour - purple with
yellow polkadots? :)

Ah, you cheated. Must have. You either paid a visit to or called a Jupitarian.
Or you took the easy way out and Joogled. :)

Yep, they are purple with yellow polkadots. Did you actually find the dots? Are
you supposed to look there when meeting someone for the first time ;-)

Els

Barbara said:
Ah, you cheated. Must have. You either paid a visit to or called a Jupitarian.
Or you took the easy way out and Joogled. :)
:)

Yep, they are purple with yellow polkadots. Did you actually find the dots?

I didn't really, they just told me, but were reluctant to show them.
Are you supposed to look there when meeting someone for the first time ;-)

Apparently not, nor when meeting the second, third or fourth time. I
asked for the reason, and they said something about being intimate
enough to dance the Polka, and only after that they show the dots.
Would never work for me though, I don't know the Polka...

What about yourself - how often did you meet any of them? I've heard
the polkadots turn red if you upset them - have you tried that?

Barbara de Zoete

Barbara de Zoete wrote:

[ looks of Jupitarians ]
I didn't really, they just told me, but were reluctant to show them.

I can imagine.
Apparently not, nor when meeting the second, third or fourth time. I
asked for the reason, and they said something about being intimate
enough to dance the Polka, and only after that they show the dots.
Would never work for me though, I don't know the Polka...
lol

What about yourself - how often did you meet any of them?

I hardly ever meet with them, but every time I meet with any of them, I get to
Polka the dots out of my dashes. It's fun. You should try it, if you have the
chance.
I've heard
the polkadots turn red if you upset them
rofl

- have you tried that?

Well, it is not that easy to upset them I think. And luckely, if you upset them,
you're surely not dancing any sort of Polka. The dots are then nicely covered.
So, who is to know what happens, or even what upsets them.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
No no, they are different here. They sound different. In England
for example, they have a distinctive loud squawk that conjures
up for me Blackpool rock, gritty sand, rain and funfairs by the
sea... over here they are not so noisy. However, Luigi, the
first bird in my pics is actually pretending to be Italian but
it did not fool me... It was just another shitty NSW gull on the
make for a bit of bread...

dorayme

How did you find it out?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Barbara de Zoete scraped:
Well, it is not that easy to upset them I think. And luckely, if you upset them,
you're surely not dancing any sort of Polka. The dots are then nicely covered.
So, who is to know what happens, or even what upsets them.

Anyone who has yellow dots on their polka should see a doctor.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
It landed on my bonnet all innocent like... but it soon started
to ask about a website it had and the manner in which it went on
made it clear to me it was trying to mislead me. Still, oddly
enough, it was eventually shooed off by some German birds...

dorayme

A sea-gull from somewhere in the sky:
"Sai parlare in italiano?"

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas yo vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais je habite a la Suede)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.php

https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php

Els

Dylan said:
Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Barbara de Zoete scraped:

Anyone who has yellow dots on their polka should see a doctor.

Except Jupiterians. They see a doctor when the yellow dots are missing
:)

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
No no, they are different here. They sound different. In England
for example, they have a distinctive loud squawk that conjures
up for me Blackpool rock, gritty sand, rain and funfairs by the
sea... over here they are not so noisy. However, Luigi, the
first bird in my pics is actually pretending to be Italian but
it did not fool me... It was just another shitty NSW gull on the
make for a bit of bread...

dorayme

By the way, what do you think about this?
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/text.php
I am testing a layout with pictures within <div>

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/alles-ueber-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Luigi, it is really really really bad! But have a nice day and
keep on exercising the most important thing in the world. No, no
Luigi! Not that! I mean freedom!

Why and what is bad?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/alles-ueber-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Hint: Look up the CSS 'clear' property....

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/text.php&usermedium=all

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
(yo soy italiano mas vivo en Suecia)
(je suis italien mais j'habite en Suède)
(ich bin Italiener aber ich lebe in Schweden)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/alles-ueber-italien.php

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Why and what is bad?

Ah Luigi, you are so cute, the way you try to weave your magic
spells. If I were to begin here after all that has been said to
you about design and website making you would be perfectly right
to think that I had a kangaroo loose in the top paddock, that
the lift did not go to the top floor, that there was a missing
bolt, that I was not the full quid, that the meat was not in the
sandwich...

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Didn't say your CSS was not valid, but the proper application of the
'clear' property could improve the situation. As a translator you must
know that you can string words together in a language that could be
grammatically without errors but NOT be a valid statement!

It depends on what you want to translate.
Or would you rather change the original text to get a text in the target
language which is the one which you wanted to?
So which situation did you want to improve and why and how?