Please criticize my website.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
specifically.

You are getting loads of sound advice, and you dismiss 99% of it.
That's called not having a clue.

The questions were:
1) https: dismissed
2) php and html on the page. dismissed

Both had been treated before. They were old questions!!
3) the homepage is rendered only by IE.

[cut]

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Wÿrm said:
Sometimes and somecases I wonder if dismissing 99% of advice is/or should be
called as having a glue ;)) A way too much that...

99% of advice?
How did you count them?
Again,

The questions were:
1) https: dismissed
2) php and html on the page. dismissed

Both had been treated before. They were old questions!!
3) the homepage is rendered only by IE.

The last question is the only new question which I have noticed and it has
not been dismissed at all.
But, it will take a time to solve it because I use a part of my time for
webdesign.
Time is required for other things too, for example, I am trying to learn
Chinese, I have taken many new photos and, most importantly, life should not
be limited to work

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Ah I would assume

TR = table row => display: table-row;
TD = table data => display: table-cell;

Ok.
I am going to have a look at it afterwards.
Do you think that the table can render pictures and description in a way
that it is rendered by all browsers or at least most of them or should I use
another model?
Will it be enough to change the content of the "display" property?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Wÿrm

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestissä:[email protected]...

Both had been treated before. They were old questions!!

And in both you were/are still as clueless as you were before, but that is
your problem. And I am not talking either of those things here.

3) the homepage is rendered only by IE.

And I suggest you install FireFox and Opera and first make page look OK in
THEM. Then see if it is broken in IE. If it is, find out WHAT IE rendering
bug (quite likely reason) is causing that behaviour in IE and fixing it.
Doing it other way around is much more hassle of trial and error.

The last question is the only new question which I have noticed and it has
not been dismissed at all.

What part of answer above do not REPLY on that "new" question? It does
reply, or are you expecting prople to spoonfeed you with straight answers
telling what line to change in code?

But, it will take a time to solve it because I use a part of my time for
webdesign.

It will take more time because you are not taking even simple advice about
installing other browsers like Opera and FireFox and getting page work on
them first and then tweaking it to work for IE, if needed (not always case
at all).

So more you dismiss advices, more it cost you as your own time you could
have used for something else.

Time is required for other things too, for example, I am trying to learn
Chinese, I have taken many new photos and, most importantly, life should
not
be limited to work

True, things get dull and boring etc. if one restrict oneself just to work,
atleast most of the cases.

Els

Luigi said:
The questions were:
1) https: dismissed
2) php and html on the page. dismissed

You're not saying that's the only advice you dismissed, are you?
I remember advice about site structure, separating content in
different languages, making a clear navigation that actually looks
logical...

There's only one instance of advice that I seem to remember you
accepted, albeit very reluctantly: you wanted visited links to
disappear from the visitors vision for about 15 minutes before coming
back in sight. I think you took the advice to not try and do that.
Both had been treated before. They were old questions!!
3) the homepage is rendered only by IE.

Advice: make your page work in standards compliant browsers first,
then fix for IE after, as this is much easier work.
Dismissal from you: most visitors use IE, so I need to work with IE
first and then look in other browsers.
Advice: add in the semi-colons where needed in your CSS, so that any
following styles actually get applied.
Dismissal from you: I'll look at that later, I'm currently only asking
for constructive advice.

To be honest, I can't believe you've been working on this website for
over a year now, and still haven't installed any other browser than
IE. Well, given the lack of clue I actually can believe it, but I just
don't want to.

I also can't believe I let myself get sucked into replying to this
thread at all, as I had stopped doing that a long time ago already.

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Luigi Donatello Asero scraped:
99% of advice?

Fair enough. You asked two questions, both of which you "dismissed", and
a third which you are accepting answers for.

So, by my maths you dismiss 66.6% of advice.

--
Dylan Parry

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you
please" - Mark Twain

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:

[cut]
The questions were:
1) https: dismissed
2) php and html on the page. dismissed

You're not saying that's the only advice you dismissed, are you?

I was talking about the discussion which we have had in this thread.

I remember advice about site structure, separating content in
different languages, making a clear navigation that actually looks
logical...

There's only one instance of advice that I seem to remember you
accepted, albeit very reluctantly: you wanted visited links to
disappear from the visitors vision for about 15 minutes before coming
back in sight. I think you took the advice to not try and do that.

Either you remember a lot about everything in life or you have a strong
reason to remember just what we talked about

Advice: make your page work in standards compliant browsers first,
then fix for IE after, as this is much easier work.
Dismissal from you: most visitors use IE, so I need to work with IE
first and then look in other browsers.
Advice: add in the semi-colons where needed in your CSS, so that any
following styles actually get applied.
Dismissal from you: I'll look at that later, I'm currently only asking
for constructive advice.

When I write "I´ll look at that later" does not mean that I have dismissed a
question.
It only means that either I cannot do it now or I think that other questions
are more important.

[cut]

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Wÿrm said:
"Luigi Donatello Asero" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestissä:[email protected]...

And in both you were/are still as clueless as you were before, but that is
your problem. And I am not talking either of those things here.

Of course, I have a different opinion about it and you probably know that.
So, why do you still talk about the same thing again and again?

It will take more time because you are not taking even simple advice about
installing other browsers like Opera and FireFox and getting page work on
them first and then tweaking it to work for IE, if needed (not always case
at all).

So more you dismiss advices, more it cost you as your own time you could
have used for something else.

So, why do you think that most users use IE?
You mean that it has bugs ( and I do not have any reasons to say yes or no)
Would all users not spare time by installing all the browsers first?

True, things get dull and boring etc. if one restrict oneself just to work,
atleast most of the cases.

Strange as it might sound to you
I share your opinion...

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Dylan Parry said:
Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Luigi Donatello Asero scraped:

Fair enough. You asked two questions, both of which you "dismissed", and
a third which you are accepting answers for.

So, by my maths you dismiss 66.6% of advice.

Yes, and that would be a majority but how relevant is that statistically?
They were only 3 issues.
Besides, did you check up how many advice you dismissed in your life?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Els

Luigi said:
Els said:
Luigi said:
"Els" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
[cut]
The questions were:
1) https: dismissed
2) php and html on the page. dismissed

You're not saying that's the only advice you dismissed, are you?

I was talking about the discussion which we have had in this thread.
I remember advice about site structure, separating content in
different languages, making a clear navigation that actually looks
logical...

There's only one instance of advice that I seem to remember you
accepted, albeit very reluctantly: you wanted visited links to
disappear from the visitors vision for about 15 minutes before coming
back in sight. I think you took the advice to not try and do that.

Either you remember a lot about everything in life or you have a strong
reason to remember just what we talked about

Both.
I have a good memory, and some things are just more noticeable than
others. Your name is longer than most names in this ng, your site is
'longer' than most sites in this ng, there aren't many Italians here,
and I've never seen anyone who discussed their cluelessness to this
extend. Really, I didn't have to do anything special to remember you
and your site. The problem is rather, how do I get it out of my
memory...
When I write "I´ll look at that later" does not mean that I have dismissed a
question.
It only means that either I cannot do it now or I think that other questions
are more important.

Luigi: "There's a man in the water, and he is sinking fast, what can I
do to help him?"
People: "Go drag him out of the water."
Luigi: "But I think his shoes are heavy, no? I think I can take the
shoes off, so he will be lighter. Can anyone tell me how I can take
his shoes off?"

Sorry, Luigi, but that's how I see the threads about your site.

Wÿrm

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestissä:[email protected]...

So, why do you still talk about the same thing again and again?

Ok, once more. __I__ (<= that means ME) am not talking same thing, if you
are too DUMB to use newsgroup and can't see here are DIFFERENT posters that
are not same person, it's your problem.

So, why do you think that most users use IE?

Because must computers have windows installed in them. And IE is
preinstalled there, no other browsers installed. People are clueless and
lazy, so they USE what they GOT. Unless they're smart, they have to run in
to trouble like spyware messing IE etc. until they MAYBE learn something and
start use other browsers.

You mean that it has bugs ( and I do not have any reasons to say yes or
no)

Yes, it has so much rendering bugs it's not even FUNNY. It has also security
bugs bot those are not issue here. Rendering bugs are ones that affect way
your page shows up.

If you "take advice" (like look how site display) of a browser that might
show anything NONproperly, and then wonder why site is broken on other
browsers, you're an idiot. It's much faster to see site on browsers that
display things correctly in the first place and then fixing it to IE if
there is any need. But hey, don't take my word on this as long as you wanna
waste your time ;P

Strange as it might sound to you
I share your opinion...

Atleast something, now if you would bother to realize that some other
advices are good too... :p

Luigi Donatello Asero

Wÿrm said:
"Luigi Donatello Asero" <[email protected]> kirjoitti
viestissä:[email protected]...

Ok, once more. __I__ (<= that means ME) am not talking same thing, if you
are too DUMB to use newsgroup and can't see here are DIFFERENT posters that
are not same person, it's your problem.

But it is you who uses the word "DUMB", isn´t it?
Because must computers have windows installed in them. And IE is
preinstalled there, no other browsers installed. People are clueless and
lazy, so they USE what they GOT. Unless they're smart, they have to run in
to trouble like spyware messing IE etc. until they MAYBE learn something and
start use other browsers.

That shows that they think that it takes a shorter time not to do that.
I am not saying that it is bad to install them. I am only saying that it
would be important to understand why one does it or not, under different
circumstances.
Yes, it has so much rendering bugs it's not even FUNNY. It has also security
bugs bot those are not issue here. Rendering bugs are ones that affect way
your page shows up.

If you "take advice" (like look how site display) of a browser that might
show anything NONproperly, and then wonder why site is broken on other
browsers, you're an idiot. It's much faster to see site on browsers that
display things correctly in the first place and then fixing it to IE if
there is any need. But hey, don't take my word on this as long as you wanna
waste your time ;P

Atleast something, now if you would bother to realize that some other
advices are good too... :p

I did not say that I never share other people´s opinions.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
The problem is rather, how do I get it out of my
memory...

I am afraid that this is your problem.

Luigi: "There's a man in the water, and he is sinking fast, what can I
do to help him?"
People: "Go drag him out of the water."
Luigi: "But I think his shoes are heavy, no? I think I can take the
shoes off, so he will be lighter. Can anyone tell me how I can take
his shoes off?"

Sorry, Luigi, but that's how I see the threads about your site.

Freedom of speech is very important.
But who say what the shoes should be compared with?
To set priorities can be an individual matter.

Have a nice time!

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
<snip complete rubbish>

I move to close this utterly useless thread! Do I hear a second?

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Luigi Donatello Asero scraped:
Besides, did you check up how many advice you dismissed in your life?

I didn't need to. I am not as stubborn as you and *will* take advice
from people when I have asked for it. I do however dismiss advice when I
haven't asked for it, usually thinking that the giver is being nosy, but
I generally look back and see that I should have taken the advice that
was freely offered.

--
Dylan Parry

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject" - Sir Winston Churchill

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Els scraped:
Luigi: "There's a man in the water, and he is sinking fast, what can I
do to help him?"
People: "Go drag him out of the water."
Luigi: "But I think his shoes are heavy, no? I think I can take the
shoes off, so he will be lighter. Can anyone tell me how I can take
his shoes off?"

LOL! That has to be the most hilarious thing I have read all week! I can
just imagine that happening too, which I suppose is rather sad if not
predictable.

--
Dylan Parry

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you
please" - Mark Twain

Toby Inkster

Luigi said:
I would appreciate suggestions about other problems of the website.

What's the point in people making other suggestions when you ignore
perfectly good suggestions without even giving a reason.

rf

Luigi said:
Will it be enough to change the content of the "display" property?

It's a table. Leave the display property alone for *all* of your table
elements. You don't need to change them from the default.\

Cheers
Richard.