Please criticize my website.

rf

Els said:
Really, I didn't have to do anything special to remember you
and your site. The problem is rather, how do I get it out of my
memory...

Frontal lobotomy?

Cheers
Richard.

Els

rf said:
Frontal lobotomy?

A bit drastic don't you think? I would lose all the CSS properties and
values and probably the HTML elements that are stored in there as
well. That, and I would have to rediscover Luigi's site all over
again, cause I wouldn't remember I already had.

Nah, I think I'll put up with the memory :)

dorayme

From: "Jonathan N. Little said:
dorayme wrote:

Hey, dorayme Moz is now 1.7.11 You might want o upgrade yours, versions
before 1.7.x had some serious CCS bugs which they have fixed long ago!

Jonathan, if I could I would. Nevertheless, 1.3.1 is a fine
browser. You might have missed the deep significance of the
phrase "Mac OS9" in my sentence. There are other worlds!

dorayme

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I am going to read your thread carefully afterwards.
What it follows are just some remarks.
Did you try validate the css style sheet or how did you find the mistakes
yourself?

Does it matter? I make websites and I have different ways to
find my mistakes. I applied some to your site. And found
mistakes and pointed them out. At the end of this post you say
something that suggests a bit that you are over interested in
defending yourself rather than looking into concrete things that
are pointed out. I am fully aware you know things are not
perfect. How is this relevant? Am I supposed to ignore all
faults because of this? I am the only one who will help you in
this group and for one reason only. I am absurdly fond of
Italian food and therefore have a soft spot for you. Take notice
of what I tell you or I will make you eat some English food some
of which I grew up on... If you don't believe the above are
errors or are significant, there is a principle involved: Fix up
what you can and go from there...
I wrote:
"But there are probably many other things to improve.
Do you have any suggestions?"
I do not expect the website to be perfect.
But I would appreciate constructive advice...

Are you suggesting that I am not giving you constructive advice?
Why insult me? I think I will now arrange for you to have some
toad in the hole and other English abominations...

:)

dorayme

dorayme

From: Els said:
[snip list of errors]

[snip perfect and useful explanation about these errors]
I wrote:
"But there are probably many other things to improve.
Do you have any suggestions?"
I do not expect the website to be perfect.
But I would appreciate constructive advice...

I think Luigi needs a course in clue-recognition :\

It is quite fascinating how so many are drawn to answer the
OP... I think about this. What is it that so many rush to get
involved a bit? Maybe it is not just me after all that has a
soft spot for Italians? The food, the fabulous films (Fellini
especially, and especially his B & W earlier ones)? In
Australia, they are a greatly loved migrant group. Who cannot
like an Italian?

dorayme

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Dorayme has perhaps given useful suggestions but I have not been able to
check up all the CSS mistakes about which she wrote.
What I wrote about constructive advice was not referred to her specifically.
Is it she, by the way?

Darling! Does it matter?

dorayme

rf

dorayme said:
It is quite fascinating how so many are drawn to answer the
OP... I think about this. What is it that so many rush to get
involved a bit?

Perhaps because so many of us dislike seeing bad coding and/or other
practices happening. "Computer people" are like that.

It's a bit like a mechanic who spots a loose bolt somewhere. She just *has*
to go over and tighten it up.
Maybe it is not just me after all that has a
soft spot for Italians? The food,

Nah... all that grotty pasta and stuff? Now TexMex, the stuff you get in
southern California, that is good stuff. Lots of jalapenos and chilli. If
you can eat it without at least a couple of beers then it's not hot enough
mate :)

Cheers
Richard.

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
Jonathan, if I could I would. Nevertheless, 1.3.1 is a fine
browser. You might have missed the deep significance of the
phrase "Mac OS9" in my sentence. There are other worlds!

dorayme

Wow, didn't know, Don't have Macs but Winboxes and Linuxes. Just assumed
since I have have installed Moz1.5x on Win95 systems and Moz1.7.x on
WinNT server! (The installer does not work since 1.3 had to use the
zipped version) Hence no FireFox on that beast!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
It is quite fascinating how so many are drawn to answer the
OP... I think about this. What is it that so many rush to get
involved a bit? Maybe it is not just me after all that has a
soft spot for Italians? The food, the fabulous films (Fellini
especially, and especially his B & W earlier ones)?

Fellini who?
In Australia, they are a greatly loved migrant group.

Well, compared to the indigenous group, yeah...
Who cannot like an Italian?

An Ethiopian.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Jonathan, if I could I would. Nevertheless, 1.3.1 is a fine
browser. You might have missed the deep significance of the
phrase "Mac OS9" in my sentence. There are other worlds!

....And those are exactly where Macs should be.

Els

rf said:
If you use the correct quantity then a certain website will also disappear
from your memory.

I'd try that, if I could determine beforehand exactly what would
disappear from my memory. The chance I eliminite useful information at
the same time is too large for me though.

Leonard Blaisdell

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

...And those are exactly where Macs should be.

Pack it, my loquacious countryman. And you pretend to be enlightened.

fasola

Toby Inkster

rf said:
Nah... all that grotty pasta and stuff? Now TexMex, the stuff you get in
southern California, that is good stuff. Lots of jalapenos and chilli. If
you can eat it without at least a couple of beers then it's not hot enough
mate :)

I have a nice Italian recipe you might like then:

300g of chopped tinned tomatoes
4 rashers bacon, chopped finely
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 hot chillies, chopped finely (deeseeded if you're a wimp)
2 cloves garlic, you guessed it, chopped finely
A little olive oil
Enough spaghetti for 2, broken into shorter strands than normal

Fry the onion, chilli, bacon and garlic in the olive oil until the bacon
is well cooked and the onion is starting to brown. Add in the tinned
tomatoes and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, cook and drain the spaghetti.

Once the tomato sauce has thickened up a bit, add the drained spaghetti
and stir the sauce to coat it.

rf

Toby said:
I have a nice Italian recipe you might like then:
2 Hot chillies.

Bell or those nasty little self detonating ones?

<aside> Somebody gave me a micro chilli bush. The fruit were about 14mm
long. That's when I discovered that the smaller the <gasp/> better </aside>

<snips and saves rest of recipe>

Hmmm. Brings sweat to the brow just thinking about it <runs to pantry/> :)

Shouldn't we add some chopped coriander to garnish at the very end though?

Cheers
Richard.

dorayme

From: Els said:
The problem is rather, how do I get it out of my
memory...

Exactly! The mark of a magic spell.

Luigi: "There's a man in the water, and he is sinking fast, what can I
do to help him?"
People: "Go drag him out of the water."
Luigi: "But I think his shoes are heavy, no? I think I can take the
shoes off, so he will be lighter. Can anyone tell me how I can take
his shoes off?"

I must say, this does get the flavour nicely right!

dorayme

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
Well, compared to the indigenous group, yeah...

An Ethiopian.

Ouch! You are in sharp mood today. I have reinstructed Russell
to seek you out for that dance lesson.

dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Leonard Blaisdell quothed:
Pack it, my loquacious countryman. And you pretend to be enlightened.

fasola

I know, it's probably rather unrefined on my part, but I just can't help
denigrating a computer named after a hamburger.