Please Donate to the PSF

Stephan Deibel

Hi,

As the holiday season ends and a new year approaches, I would like to take
this opportunity to thank everyone that donated to the Python Software
Foundation (PSF) in the past. Everyone's support is greatly appreciated.

We now have well over 400 donors, many of whom donate regularly:

http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html

We also have 15 sponsor members that contribute annually to the PSF:

http://www.python.org/psf/

Because of our donors and sponsors, the PSF was able to issue its first
grants solicitation in 2004. This was very successful, with many more
quality submissions than we could fund. Several grants have been approved
for completion in 2005. With these and future grants, we intend to
continue improving Python.

The PSF also manages the intellectual property rights behind Python and
runs the PyCon developers conference annually:

http://www.python.org/pycon/

Please consider donating in order to support Python and the PSF. We are
currently accepting donations via check or PayPal, and will soon begin
accepting credit cards directly. Donations can be made starting here:

http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html

The PSF is a registered 501(c)(3) charity so donations are tax-deductible
for US tax payers. There is still time to make a donation that can be
deducted in the 2004 tax year.

If you would like to learn more about the PSF, please visit:

http://www.python.org/psf/

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Stephan Deibel