"Please enter a more secure.." error in Pet Shop 4.0

John Dalberg

I installed the Pet Shop 4.0 app. However everytime I try to create a new
user, I get a "Please enter a more secure password" error. I tried all
kinds of passwords. I looked at the membership provider for SQL Server and
I don't see any settings for passwords.

So why is this error hapenning?

Also the link on MS's site to Pet Shop 4.0 is broken:
http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?q=Microsoft+.NET+Pet+Shop+4&l=3&mk
t=en-US&FORM=QBME3

John Dalberg

Guest

John,
You are really close to the answer good job in your research.
"AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" You can change the password settings in IIS by
clicking ASP.Net Configuration in properties of the web application or if
your using visual studio built in webserver you can modify the web.config
file yourself <membership><providers> The settings you probably want to
change are minRequiredPasswordLength and minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters
(you need to put a !@#% into your password if this one isn't zero)

Good Luck
DWS

John Dalberg

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?= said:
John,
You are really close to the answer good job in your research.
"AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" You can change the password settings in
IIS by clicking ASP.Net Configuration in properties of the web
application or if your using visual studio built in webserver you can
modify the web.config file yourself <membership><providers> The settings
you probably want to change are minRequiredPasswordLength and
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters (you need to put a !@#% into your
password if this one isn't zero)
Thank you for your reply.
I used !@#% in my password and it worked. The question now is why did it
work? My previous workaround was to set 'autogeneratepassword' to true to
get around it.

My passwords attempts all satisfied the requirement of 7 min chars and 1
min non alpha so I am not sure why it kept complaining.

What's the difference between AspNetSqlMembershipProvider and
SQLMembershipProvider? The SQLMembershipProvider settings in web.config
didn't have any password requirements.

John Dalberg