    Any pointers to on-line docs would also be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan, Mar 17, 2008

  2. Dan

    sloan Guest

    <membership defaultProvider="AccessMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="AccessMembershipProvider"
    type="Samples.AccessProviders.AccessMembershipProvider,
    AccessProvider"
    connectionStringName="AccessFileName"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="1"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
    applicationName="SampleSite" hashAlgorithmType="SHA1"
    passwordFormat="Hashed"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    I believe the ApplicationId is just a primary key for a distinct
    "applicationName" in the config file.

    "SampleSite" from the above entry.

    sloan, Mar 17, 2008

  3. Dan

    bruce barker Guest

    ApplicationID is a unique id for a website (iis site path). the storedproc
    adds a row if it doesn't exist during the lookup.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 17, 2008