Please give me an option to select a master page

Author

You know if we create a *website* project, when we add a new item,
visual studio will given us an option to select a master page.

Visual Studio doesn't seem to give us this option if we create a *web
application* project, and I have to edit and add those
contentplaceholders of my master page into my webform file myself.

Correct? Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008?

Can we let VS 2008 give us this option with web application project?

Another question:

Again about web application project. If I add a new code file (i.e.,
*not a web form*), Visual Studio does not even give me a template for
the cs file, not a single bit. So, I have to add the using
statements, namepace my class, etc. Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008,
right?

Is there a way to let VS 2008 give us a basic code file template, just
to save some typing?

Thanks.