Please give me an option to select a master page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Author, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. Author

    Author Guest

    You know if we create a *website* project, when we add a new item,
    visual studio will given us an option to select a master page.

    Visual Studio doesn't seem to give us this option if we create a *web
    application* project, and I have to edit and add those
    contentplaceholders of my master page into my webform file myself.

    Correct? Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008?

    Can we let VS 2008 give us this option with web application project?

    Another question:

    Again about web application project. If I add a new code file (i.e.,
    *not a web form*), Visual Studio does not even give me a template for
    the cs file, not a single bit. So, I have to add the using
    statements, namepace my class, etc. Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008,
    right?

    Is there a way to let VS 2008 give us a basic code file template, just
    to save some typing?

    Thanks.

    Author, Feb 19, 2009

  2. Author

    Author Guest

    On Feb 18, 7:58 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Author" <> wrote in message

    > > You know if we create a *website* project, when we add a new item,
    > > visual studio will given us an option to select a master page.

    > > Visual Studio doesn't seem to give us this option if we create a *web
    > > application* project, and I have to edit and add those
    > > contentplaceholders of my master page into my webform file myself.

    > > Correct?  Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008?

    > No and no.
    >
    > > Can we let VS 2008 give us this option with web application project?

    > Yes - just make sure you select 'Web Content Form' instead of 'Web Form'
    > when adding a new item to the web application project.
    >
    > > Again about web application project. If I add a new code file (i.e.,
    > > *not a web form*), Visual Studio does not even give me a template for
    > > the cs file, not a single bit.  So, I have to add the using
    > > statements, namepace my class, etc.  Not an idiosyncrasy of my VS2008,
    > > right?

    > > Is there a way to let VS 2008 give us a basic code file template, just
    > > to save some typing?

    > GIYF:http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&r...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae