    --
    Up from Third Base to Huntington
    They sang another victory song...........
    paul j, Dec 20, 2004

  2. paul j

    WindAndWaves Guest

    "paul j" <> wrote in message
    news:ifsf6dtgqgr0$...
    > Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
    > out what's causing the misalignment?
    >
    > I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
    > this final point.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
    > get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.
    > --
    > Up from Third Base to Huntington
    > They sang another victory song...........

    I reckon the only misalignment is your failing to understand history and the
    negative impact of America's aggressive foreign tactics.

    Having said that your design looks awesome.

    Try Chomsky, not a bad thinker in your part of the country.
    WindAndWaves, Dec 20, 2004

  3. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:33:34 +1300, WindAndWaves wrote:

    > "paul j" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
    >> out what's causing the misalignment?
    >>
    >> I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
    >> this final point.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
    >> get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.
    >> --
    >> Up from Third Base to Huntington
    >> They sang another victory song...........

    > I reckon the only misalignment is your failing to understand history and the
    > negative impact of America's aggressive foreign tactics.

    I know. I'm just a lowly idiot. Not part of the elite, like yourself.

    > Having said that your design looks awesome.

    Thank you, I just can't get the content to line up at the top, along side
    the left column.

    > Try Chomsky, not a bad thinker in your part of the country.

    I read Chomsky, he's a very smart guy. Great reading.
    paul j, Dec 20, 2004
  4. paul j

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "paul j" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
    > out what's causing the misalignment?
    >
    > I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
    > this final point.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
    > get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.

    Which misalignment? If you mean the fact that all your content drops below
    the left column in Mozilla, that's because you set the left column to 30%
    and content to 70%, which Mozilla browsers correctly apply by making the
    former's content width 30% of the available space and the latter's 70%.
    That's 100% (obviously) and then you stick a 1px border between, so it can't
    all fit together horizontally.
    Ryan Stewart, Dec 20, 2004
  5. paul j

    paul j Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:42:16 -0600, Ryan Stewart wrote:

    > "paul j" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
    >> out what's causing the misalignment?
    >>
    >> I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
    >> this final point.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
    >> get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.

    > Which misalignment? If you mean the fact that all your content drops below
    > the left column in Mozilla, that's because you set the left column to 30%
    > and content to 70%, which Mozilla browsers correctly apply by making the
    > former's content width 30% of the available space and the latter's 70%.
    > That's 100% (obviously) and then you stick a 1px border between, so it can't
    > all fit together horizontally.

    Brilliant!

    Thanks a lot for the help. With that, tables are a thing of the past for
    me.
    paul j, Dec 20, 2004
  6. paul j

    WindAndWaves Guest

    "paul j" <> wrote in message

    [....]

    You really should be very pleased with your design. I looked at it again -
    it is very nice.
    WindAndWaves, Dec 20, 2004