Please help a beginner...

paul j

Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
out what's causing the misalignment?

I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
this final point.

Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.

WindAndWaves

paul j said:
Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
out what's causing the misalignment?

I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
this final point.

Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.

I reckon the only misalignment is your failing to understand history and the
negative impact of America's aggressive foreign tactics.

Having said that your design looks awesome.

Try Chomsky, not a bad thinker in your part of the country.

paul j

I reckon the only misalignment is your failing to understand history and the
negative impact of America's aggressive foreign tactics.

I know. I'm just a lowly idiot. Not part of the elite, like yourself.
Having said that your design looks awesome.

Thank you, I just can't get the content to line up at the top, along side
the left column.
Try Chomsky, not a bad thinker in your part of the country.

I read Chomsky, he's a very smart guy. Great reading.

Ryan Stewart

paul j said:
Can someone take a look at http://www.grooveswitch.com and help me figure
out what's causing the misalignment?

I just converted my entire site to a tableless design and am hung up on
this final point.

Thanks for any help you can give and I'm willing to work on it, not just
get an answer spoon fed to me, just need to know where to start.

Which misalignment? If you mean the fact that all your content drops below
the left column in Mozilla, that's because you set the left column to 30%
and content to 70%, which Mozilla browsers correctly apply by making the
former's content width 30% of the available space and the latter's 70%.
That's 100% (obviously) and then you stick a 1px border between, so it can't
all fit together horizontally.

paul j

Which misalignment? If you mean the fact that all your content drops below
the left column in Mozilla, that's because you set the left column to 30%
and content to 70%, which Mozilla browsers correctly apply by making the
former's content width 30% of the available space and the latter's 70%.
That's 100% (obviously) and then you stick a 1px border between, so it can't
all fit together horizontally.

Brilliant!

Thanks a lot for the help. With that, tables are a thing of the past for
me.

WindAndWaves

[....]

You really should be very pleased with your design. I looked at it again -
it is very nice.