Please help: Forms authentication & new session -> does not return to the specified page after login

mortb

If the user is not logged in and no session is present for the user when
requesting a specific page
it seems that the returnurl querystring prarmeter is not set so the page
does not redirect to the right page after login.
I would like to know if there is anything I can do so that the page redirect
correctly -- any help appreciated!

cheers,
mortb

Deepak Ramakumar

You can use FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(username, persistantcookie)
API to get the url of the page to be redirected to after successful logon.

mortb

That is the function that I use - but sometimes (perhaps when the login
starts a new session?) I just get redirected to the default page of my
application (/appName/default.aspx) and not the page which was requested
before login.