    on a Linux box, sometimes on a Solaris server. I was wondering if someone
    could provide some pointers as to how to create serializable objects? Any
    help would be much appreciated ... thanks in advance for your help.

    Gandu, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Gandu

    David Hilsee Guest

    "Gandu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Could some C++ guru please help me? I am using standard GNU C++ compiler
    > on a Linux box, sometimes on a Solaris server. I was wondering if

    someone
    > could provide some pointers as to how to create serializable objects?

    Any
    > help would be much appreciated ... thanks in advance for your help.

    For starters, read the FAQ's section on serialization
    (http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/serialization.html).

    --
    David Hilsee

    David Hilsee, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Gandu

    Phlip Guest

    Gandu wrote:

    > Could some C++ guru please help me? I am using standard GNU C++ compiler
    > on a Linux box, sometimes on a Solaris server. I was wondering if someone
    > could provide some pointers as to how to create serializable objects? Any
    > help would be much appreciated ... thanks in advance for your help.

    Arbitrarily serializable objects, whatever your language, compiler, or
    platform, are a solution in search of a problem.

    You need to grab an XML library for your platform, and then write whatever
    individual variables you need to it. Write complementary code that pulls
    them out. The benefit is you can read XML with a text editor, a Web browser,
    or any number of customized tools.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Gandu

    Jeff Flinn Guest

    "Gandu" <> wrote in message
    > Could some C++ guru please help me? I am using standard GNU C++ compiler
    > on a Linux box, sometimes on a Solaris server. I was wondering if

    someone
    > could provide some pointers as to how to create serializable objects?

    Any
    > help would be much appreciated ... thanks in advance for your help.

    See the new serialization library from www.boost.org. It's to be released as
    part of boost 1.32.0 out later this month, and can be used now from the CVS.

    Jeff F

    Jeff Flinn, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Gandu

    Gandu Guest

    Thanks to all of you for your very helpful suggestions.

    Gandu, Oct 14, 2004