Please help -- is win32ole still part of the ruby distribution?

Curt Hibbs

Roshan (see below) is telling me that win32ole has been removed from the
Ruby distribution. Can anyone confirm this?

I've searched the web, the ruby-talk ML, and the Ruby 1.8.1 distribution. I
can't find any mention of this, and when I build Ruby 1.8.1, the build still
produces a win32ole.so file.

I was going to try to track down a reported problem with win32ole in the
Ruby Installer for Windows build, but I don't want to waste my time on it if
it was supposed to have been removed.

Thanks,
Curt

daz

Curt said:
Roshan (see below) is telling me that win32ole has been removed from the
Ruby distribution. Can anyone confirm this?

Doesn't ring any alarms.

Maybe he's thinking about an announcement that Win32API will be
removed in favour of Ruby/DL ? [talk:94543]

It's in CVS, so if it was removed, it's back now. (?)

daz