please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :)

Discussion in 'C++' started by KK, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi Peoples,

    Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++.

    i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that has
    info on programming in general or C++.

    (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for
    something urgently.)

    YOUR HELP would be truly appreciated.

    please help

    Thanks.

    KK

    KK, Oct 14, 2003

  2. > Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++.

    This book is generally considered as one of the best book for learning
    C++ for people with some programming experience:
    http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/

    > i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that

    has
    > info on programming in general or C++.

    You could take a look at the book "Thinking in C++" from Bruce Eckel
    which can be downloaded here:
    http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

    > (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking

    for
    > something urgently.)

    Keep in mind that learning C++ takes a lot of time. It is not the kind
    of programming language you can learn in a few days or a few weeks. If
    your planning doesn't allow for two or three days for the book(s) to be
    delivered, I'm afraid you have a big problem.

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

    Peter van Merkerk, Oct 14, 2003

  3. KK

    Big Brian Guest

    > Hi Peoples,

    URG!

    > (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for
    > something urgently.)

    If you're THAT impatient, then forget about learning C++. It takes
    alot of time and practice to learn.

    -Brian

    Big Brian, Oct 14, 2003