Please help me start programming for mobile phones

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Julia, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. Julia

    Julia Guest

    Hello
    I recently purchased emblaze alpha p8 mobile phone
    (http://www.wapzon.com/web/devicedetail.asp?Pid=4351&Bid=66)
    which as far as I know running Windows© CE.NET 4.1 OS.

    I want to start programming but I am lost in Microsoft tech words
    and road map for mobile programming

    I am MSDN universal subscriber and I assume I can get all the needed tools

    My questions are:

    1.Where can I get emulator for CE.NET 4.1? or should I need to use a
    specific
    emulator for alpha p8?!?!

    2.How exactly I upload my program into my mobile phone?
    (I have infra red and GPRS)
    Can I somehow connect the phone to my PC? or should I need to upload my
    software to the web?!?
    3.Should I invest in CE.NET and derived for mobile programming
    (I always uses MS tools and technologies)
    4.I am espcailly looking for game programming(in any language) for CE.Net

    Thanks

    Julia, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Julia

    _thedebugger Guest

    Hi Julia,
    Just check the download of Emulator
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B670079A-3000-4F3C-
    A74F-0235A20563CF&displaylang=en

    For Game Programming, you can use one book, which is very good in my
    opinion.
    Pocket PC Game Programming: Using the Windows CE Game API (By Premiere
    Press), which deals with c++.

    Sachin Korgaonkar

    _thedebugger, Jul 13, 2004

  3. And try the microsoft.public.windowsce.* groups.

    --
    Andrew Enfield
    Programmer Writer, Windows CE

    Andrew Enfield \(MS\), Jul 15, 2004